LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doing the trunk floor with fiberglass i going to use the fiberglass mat 8x8 how would i apply it tis is my first try using fiber glass this is how i think im supposted to use it is this correct
lay foil paper on trunk floor and then place the mat and then get a brush and dab the whole pad and let it dry BUT DOES IT STICK TO THE FLOOR ONCE IT DRIES?

THANKS

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
What is the reason for using tinfoil ?
And no it would nt just stick need to remove paint before putting on fiberglass plus it would be sticking to the tin foil not the trunk. And just to let you know fiberglass usually wont lay perfectly flat so expect to be sanding alot smooth. And if you have a spot for a spare tire in your trunk your going to have alot of fun doing that shit.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
when you see people doing the foil its because they are making a mold

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Originally posted by 64@Jan 16 2004, 06:12 PM
when you see people doing the foil its because they are making a mold
** I have used saran wrap or I have used automotive tape a few times to do it ..........

Chato ---- if your trying to cover up some holes you should get an angle grinder & go buy a wire brush cup for $5 - $7 at a hardware store & grind the rust & paint off to bare metal...... Menards has them for $5 & they work great !!! You can even buy a cheap angle grinder from there for $20 .....

Get all the cracks & everything you can reach , get some latex gloves, maybe a cheap paint brush, some mixing cups & go to town ..... layer on the cloth & saturate them with resin -- i prefer to use a paint tray & soak the mat so I know it has been saturated good..... If you have enuff time & you didnt over mix the resin -- You can get a few layers on before your working time is up ..

Hope that helped .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts