LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
tippin' on 3
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran out of oil while I was out clowning and she blew! It is amazing the abuse it took before it gave up on me... Kept the electrics for back up... good thing! I just bought a new one, but I was wondering if anyone here has tried to rebuild one themselves? If so where do you get the parts?
Peace :cool:

·
Registered
205 Posts
The guy at the local truck shop was telling me hold some dumb asses were putting these yours on medium duty trucks to put air ride or air brakes. etc. And he said 90% of the fuckers who did that came back because they didn't put oil in it. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Is your York mounted on its side? I can't remember.

I think that this is a problem which increases the passage of oil (which is a good thing if it is an air conditioning compressor). I think that as an air compressor they are better mounted upright.

I would be interested to read other people's opinions on this.

Mike

:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I thought they couldn't be mounted sideways or even upside down. They are supposed to be up right. But maybe I'm wrong :(

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
They are often mounted on their side in air conditioning set-ups. I have seen them on their side in Ford cars, for example.

Mike

:)

·
Registered
640 Posts
I believe if they are mounted on there side the intake port has to be on the top half or something like that. But I think vertical is best also.

Mines been going strong for almost a year and a half now. 12 gallons at 225 psi. lickity split... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by Impalacracker@Aug 30 2005, 08:31 PM~3722659
Ran out of oil while I was out clowning and she blew!  It is amazing the abuse it took before it gave up on me...  Kept the electrics for back up... good thing!  I just bought a new one, but I was wondering if anyone here has tried to rebuild one themselves?  If so where do you get the parts?
Peace  :cool:
Cracker,

Where the hell have you been? You are MIA. I was gonna mount a search party and head towards Tahoe, but I decided to hang out at my house and drink beer. Oh well, whatcha' gonna do? Anyway, how is the six-triz-ay treating ya?

·
tippin' on 3
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by b_diddy1@Aug 31 2005, 04:02 PM~3728585
Cracker,

Where the hell have you been? You are MIA. I was gonna mount a search party and head towards Tahoe, but I decided to hang out at my house and drink beer. Oh well, whatcha' gonna do? Anyway, how is the six-triz-ay treating ya?
Been working like a pig and rolling as much as I can when I'm not working. The cars are kicking ass... heading to Chico weekend after next to enter my 63 vert and meet up with Moco. Went to the SF LRM show weekend before last and saw load of sick cars man. Thinking about getting a Chevy 5 window to juice... what you think? :cool:

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Originally posted by Impalacracker@Sep 1 2005, 01:46 AM~3730981
Been working like a pig and rolling as much as I can when I'm not working.  The cars are kicking ass...  heading to Chico weekend after next to enter my 63 vert and meet up with Moco.  Went to the SF LRM show weekend before last and saw load of sick cars man.  Thinking about getting a Chevy 5 window to juice... what you think?  :cool:
:thumbsup:

as far as the yorks go, i've learned to check the oil in mine every weekend. or after a long day out, every day.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by Impalacracker@Aug 31 2005, 11:46 PM~3730981
Been working like a pig and rolling as much as I can when I'm not working.  The cars are kicking ass...  heading to Chico weekend after next to enter my 63 vert and meet up with Moco.  Went to the SF LRM show weekend before last and saw load of sick cars man.  Thinking about getting a Chevy 5 window to juice... what you think?  :cool:
Sounds great. I am waiting for you to do a full frame-off project. You got the tools, you just need to get the confidence and go for it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts