LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought you'd like to know how blocks are made... i'm bored, so i'm designing anything haha...

here's how you make the logo OSC of course...

start by making a single block

then a solid block, etc... then start making the holes... i'm tired :(

Last edited by Nacho Individuals LA at Oct 31 2003, 07:43 PM

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's with the middle hole and the round seal already done... four bolt holes also made...

I hope you people find this interesting... I'm just trying to show ya'll how blocks are designed and manufactured... like i've said... i'm going to take a big longer in bringing out my blocks and redesigned pump gear... but it'll be worth it!!!

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
i'LL MAKE A POST IN POST YOUR RIDES AND UPLOAD A BUNCH OF STUFF SOMETIME....

GOING TO BED NOW, BUT i'LL EMAIL YOU THE SPRING... AND ONE OF MY BLOCKS..

MY AVTAR IS A SOLENOID I MODELED.. iI CHANGE IT UP ALL THE TIME, I HAD A PUMP FOR A WHILE, THEN A SWITH BOX,....... BUT I KINDA LIKE THE LOOK OF THE 'NOID SO I'M GOING TO STICK WITH THAT FOR A WHILE...

THANX NACHO..

Last edited by Volv_lo at Nov 1 2003, 12:15 AM

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
I hope it doesn't take 20 years to find this software in the bargin bin at Pic and Save.

:0 ;) :cheesy:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Nov 1 2003, 02:08 AM
cool eh???

I have every component of a hydraulic suspension modeled, even wheels and disk brakes... hahahaha

want a spring???
damn man, nice pro-e job..

how long did they take you to do?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 1 2003, 07:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 1 2003, 07:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Volv_lo@Nov 1 2003, 02:08 AM
cool eh???

I have every component of a hydraulic suspension modeled, even wheels and disk brakes... hahahaha

want a spring???
damn man, nice pro-e job..

how long did they take you to do?[/b][/quote]
for just that pump, and the two dumps and all its components, about 4 weeks....

lots of detail tho.. I got all the seals, nuts and bolts, and the valves in the dumps....... plus a lot more.... so lots of work...

but it was for the book so its worth it...

took me about a year of working after work and on weekends to finally model the whole system with the entire suspension and brakes and wheels.... and shocks too..lol.. I think I went a bit over bored... :biggrin:

Last edited by Volv_lo at Nov 1 2003, 08:04 AM

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
wait till you see the trunk set up that nacho is going to post...

I even have 2 12's (speakers) and a box two 36volt battery racks, axle with wheels and coil over with hym joints...

its not the finished pic...

But you can imagine how far it got to,... (i have the finished pi but i'll post it after the book is out)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thats looking really great !

Could you tell me what program you using for those drawings ?
That is what im looking for, for a long time,.
Im not that all a computer expert, but that looks just great for my customers...

Can you help me ?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
dude, those pics are awesome, both of yours. i would also like to know what program you used if you dont mind. aslo, when is this book going to be released and how do i get a copy?

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by HydroDancer@Nov 1 2003, 11:09 PM
Vovolo... Those pics are SICK !!!

I designed a block using Cad Key and wrote that program by hand and machined the block on a HAAS VF-4, but the drawing was childs play compared to what you have done. Good Job.
that's what I said... he took me out quickly LOL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts