LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windows stoped working the other day and after an hour of going threw every piece it could be i found it to be my window relay

The only proublem is i cant find anywere to buy a new one. Does anyone have any places i could look befor i start running around to all the junk yards.

The other thing i was thinking is would i be able to just wire in another relay ? And if so how would i find one to meet the same power ratings to i dont end up frying something
Its a 1969 cadillac coupe deville
Alex

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by nofearblackstar@Feb 2 2010, 01:23 PM~16488091
My windows stoped working the other day and after an hour of going threw every piece it could be i found it to be my window relay

The only proublem is i cant find anywere to buy a new one. Does anyone have any places i could look befor i start running around to all the junk yards.

The other thing i was thinking is would i be able to just wire in another relay ? And if so how would i find one to meet the same power ratings to i dont end up frying something
Its a 1969 cadillac coupe deville
Alex
yeah just get one thats about the same(as in same design and rated for same amps with same amount of prongs-just use female wire ends that slip over prongs if factory harness doesnt work-you can also direct wire your window motor...you just cant keep on the button when window is all the way up or down :cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would i dind out what amp rating i would need? i sont see any markings to indicate anything ike that on the one thats fryed

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by nofearblackstar@Feb 3 2010, 04:04 AM~16496974
How would i dind out what amp rating i would need? i sont see any markings to indicate anything ike that on the one thats fryed
hmmm thats no good-post pic ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill have to get my camara from my friend but im looking at it now and theres a few things. Three prongs
One prong has an A next to it the other is B and the last one looks like P or F and then it has HI-RAM in the middle of it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i found one on ebay but its 50 bucks for a used one and i just think thats too much

If i hhave to get it i will but i was hopeing i could just but in a new relay even if i have to wire in a new harness.

Also another question . Im puting in my weather striping and door panels so ive been rolling my windows up and down just by using a wire in place of were the relay was. Is that going to cause any damage to anything . Possibly my switches?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there i just picked up a 1969 deville and the power windows are stuck down any idea on where i would find the relay

·
18,723 Posts
Those relays in them cars are really old style relays. I had a 70 deville and noticed the horn relay/ interior buzzer relay was huge compared to new relays. Upgrade and use new relays. You can get the 30/40amp black box relays used for car alarms/stereos/fans etc at parts stores or stereo shops for about $5. Only good thing about the old ones are you can take them apart and clean them if that's all they need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there do you have any idea what the out put amps need to be i found a new relay and it now clicks but the window will not go down or up if i insert the old relay and hold the point down it works so i must nit be getting enough juice . thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts