LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had alot of problems with the paint, and there area few imperfections in it in certain areas. Next up I'm building a 67 SS coupe, 59 rag and 39 bomb. Also in the process of modifying the AMT Ranchero, I'm scratchbuilding the undercarriage because the molded on one sucked.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Looks good homie. I just bought that same kit 2 days ago at Wal-Mart. Haven't started on it yet though. I'm hittin up the hobby store today for some different rims and some other things for it, maybe some dice in the mirror or something. Also i'm thinking of suiciding the doors on it and crush velveting the interior, I'm not sure yet, there's endless possibilities. If it turns out good, I'd like to enter it in some upcoming shows around here. I'll post pics when i'm done.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
I think i seen this one over at AF didn't i??

It's a clean build, so what about the trim, it's not like you can't touch it up. I'm diggin' all the little details like the plug wires, the blackwashed grill, the switchbox, looks great man!

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
i think thats the model that got a few days ago. mine has working rear suspension, and the front will be working in a few hours too. also the front will have ball joints on it,but they will be slightly bigger than normal. it also wont be as nice and as detailed as that one up there.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Dec 28 2003, 03:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Dec 28 2003, 03:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dannysreallycool@Dec 28 2003, 03:32 PM
How did u make those DECALS?

THANX IN ADVANCE
Those decals came with the kit. I've actually got a set i need to use on something...[/b][/quote]
go the kit, and i never notice. what about just the name on the side of a van or a back window on a car or truck :dunno:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by lo lo kid@Dec 29 2003, 01:58 AM
nice work dude where did u get the sixtre from in australia, im after one as well thanks lolo :cool:
Yo man, you obviously in Aus, you in Unity or Sydneystyle? I got the kit from my local shop actually, I checked back there a few days ago to buy paint and I saw another 4-5 of them, he orders these in like no tomorrow!
If you want one hook us up on MSN or yahoo, or by Email.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Rollin' Regal@Dec 29 2003, 04:33 AM
if you're gonna paint the trim, how about painting all of it? :dunno:

missed the badge and hood trim too

oops these too

"Not as good as I wanted it to be though"

The paint can was nearly out and the brush I was using was fucked, I can always re do it but there is alot of other stuffups on it, that I need to fix one day, hell the wheels aren't even connected to the axles, I had to use Lindberg hopper tires because they are the only tires with whitewalls that I got left (I'm running real low on supplies).
I'm going to buy 2-3 more of these eventually... I know I missed the front quarter trim and the hood trim too, but I had the decal on the hood trim, and I couldn't of been bothered to replace it when I was taking flickas.

Note to anyone building this, cut those little fitment knobs off the front bonnet(hood) for the trim, the chrome trim is too short to fit across the bonnet and will make your bonnet warp like mine if you glue it onto the fitting knobs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts