LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
looks good for a rookie...keep it up....how much and how long...total?

·
Registered
781 Posts
looks good at least you took the time to do it unlike some of these knuckle heads out here who just juice it then tear it up

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by 91cappy@Nov 30 2008, 06:12 PM~12295765
looks good for a rookie...keep it up....how much and how long...total?
i have been working on it for 3 weeks after work and on weekends
i used 1 sheet of 3/16 and about 3/4 of a sheet of 5/16

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by beemc@Nov 30 2008, 05:45 PM~12295994
i have been working on it for 3 weeks after work and on weekends
i used 1 sheet of 3/16 and about 3/4 of a sheet of 5/16

what are u doing with the car, lay and play, maybe a lil hopping and how tall are the rear cylinders? frame looks good... if you have something taller than a 10 goin back there you MAY need to notch out the bottom of the tunnel for clearance. also look on the inside of the tunnel. we did a impala and the tunnel split from the inside and snapped the 1/4 plate that was on both sides of the tunnel. not the welds either, just snapped the plate. so just thought i toss that out there so that you may learn from our mistake and since you have it off the car still it gives you the chance to weld in the seams on the inside or even add some plating.

·
Registered
682 Posts
not 2 bad 4 a first time wrap. i would try a 1/2 wrap in tha center of tha frame. i knew a guy who wuz always hittin 3wheels everywhere and tha frame twisted in tha middle and it had a 1/4 wrap. just putt6in my 2 cents. but not 2 bad on tha wrap homie.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by Mr.Cadillac87@Nov 30 2008, 10:33 PM~12298608
not 2 bad 4 a first time wrap. i would try a 1/2 wrap in tha center of tha frame. i knew a guy who wuz always hittin 3wheels everywhere and tha frame twisted in tha middle and it had a 1/4 wrap. just putt6in my 2 cents. but not 2 bad on tha wrap homie.
yea we ended up doing a 2nd layer of 1/4 plate on the frame thats been sitting for a buddies car after seeing what happened to the other frame we did. pretty nuts how it split the plate

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Nov 30 2008, 10:49 PM~12298083
what are u doing with the car, lay and play, maybe a lil hopping and how tall are the rear cylinders?  frame looks good...  if you have something taller than a 10 goin back there you MAY need to notch out the bottom of the tunnel for clearance.  also look on the inside of the tunnel.  we did a impala and the tunnel split from the inside and snapped the 1/4 plate that was on both sides of the tunnel.  not the welds either, just snapped the plate.  so just thought i toss that out there so that you may learn from our mistake and since you have it off the car still it gives you the chance to weld in the seams on the inside or even add some plating.
i want to get about 40 inches with this car
i notched the lower rear of the tunnel about 6 inches and i plan on using 12 or 14 cylenders do i need to notch it more ? if so how much

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by beemc@Dec 1 2008, 07:17 AM~12300306
i want to get about 40 inches with this car
i notched the loweer rear of the tunnel about 6 inches and i plan on using 12 or 14 cylenders do i need to notch it more ? if so how much
you should be good. but what we did was install the rear suspension and play with it with the jack. and we can see the travel and what needed to be done. might be useful for you

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by west coast ridaz@Dec 1 2008, 03:45 PM~12303049
dont forget to put the tranny mounts  back on
im gonna wait till i set the engine in place to get in the right spot i think it will be further back then it was caus i am putting a lt1 and 4l60e out of a 96 vette :biggrin:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by beemc@Dec 1 2008, 03:20 PM~12303335
im gonna wait till i set the engine in place to get in the right spot i think it will be further back then it was caus i am putting a lt1 and 4l60e out of a 96 vette  :biggrin:

shit, that motor will look fucking sweet in there

1 - 20 of 21 Posts