LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I listened to sebastian aka asco oner and fixed up my frame. Stripped 2 old coats from some idiots that had it before me with jasco stripper. layed down a few coats of white primer and sanded, layed down a few coats of silver metalic and sanded. finally layed down some green metalic with flake already that i spotted at home depot and finally endless clear coats. i think it looks pretty good for a 20 buck paintjob. tell me what you guys think of how the bikes coming along...

and finally my new custom bondo project, im gunna do some funny work with the seatpost, see how i aldready cut and grinded off the top... ;)

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
good werk man! thats what i did with my bike to, i think i ended up with 3 coats of primer, 7 coats of paint, 10 coats of clear, and mabey an hour worth oof wet sanding. i got the metalc blue from home depot, that stuff is the shit, in the right light you can see some flake in it :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Originally posted by hydryan@Jul 23 2003, 04:33 PM
thats a tight green, but i hope the blu with the gay flames isnt urs :uh:
yea i kno, looks straight up booty, tha green one is phat tho, i was always wantin to paint my bike green but i got a lot of blue components so i said forget it.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Originally posted by hydryan@Jul 23 2003, 04:33 PM
thats a tight green, but i hope the blu with the gay flames isnt urs :uh:
what about READING?

here's what he said:

"...and finally my new custom bondo project, im gunna do some funny work with the seatpost, see how i aldready cut and grinded off the top... "

that's a project - I don't think it's gonna stay "gay-flamed" :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
oooooooo haha o well, im illiterate so what :wave: :roflmao:

jp

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i might keep working on that blue "gay flamed" bike which would get a completly new paint job....usually projects progress as you work on them.

Anyway im puttin the blue frame on hold because i just picked up an all original 65 schwinn slikchik trike...that is going to be a sweet trike....i already have soo many ideas for it and its not even in my garage yet.... :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
EscoRat - that sounds cool! I'd love to have a trike too - but s**t's expensive and I'm broke as a joke. So that's gonna wait.
My new bike is getting painted as we speak and 's gonna be ready in about a week. Will post pics then.
I know what it feels like having a new project in mind and too many ideas to put on just one bike alone. :) :) :)
Post pics, when you get that trike. I'm just curious! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts