LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dunno if any of you r into vetttes but if you are i recommend this kit. all the parts went together real easy and it was a breeze to build......

thought id throw in a pic of this raggedy shit. ill get it done if i ever gets the parts i need

heres the interior for the regal. the chrome is done but i cant figure out how i wana do the blue in it. i was gonna do blue piping but i got to lookin at it and there wouldnt have been enough blue :dunno:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx :biggrin: if you look real close in the first pic you can see where the windshield frame doesnt sit all the way down in back but thas really the only prob i had with the whole kit. i finally got the top to fit right even tho its shifted more to the left side. i just noticed its got that gold tint to it that i wanted in the first place :biggrin: im glad its finally done tho so now i can focus on the regal. any ideas on how to incorporate the blue into the interior? you wouldnt happen to have the parts i need to finish the mc wouldja? if i get sum time here in a couple days ill probly finish the 57 too. goin to the mall tomorrow and hopefully ill find a convertible boot for it..........

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
on the interior on the regal i'm thinkin this look.......

blue carpet, white leather seats/panels/dash/console, blue piping on the seats and panels, blue on the console lid, some blue inserts on the dash (g/b door, ash tray, ect.) ohh and blue carpet on the rear package tray and maybe even make a blue carpet dash mat too ;)

hey, if they have any vert boots for some 6 treys let me know man, i'm in need ;)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol ill letcha know on thos4 boots. id give 1 of my nuts if i could find the boot for my old 62 but it looooooooooooooong gone i guess. just did a little more chrome on the black insert on the right side of the dash, the stereo and heater knobs, the headlight and rear defrost switches, and the speedo numbers. im thinkin about doin the carpet blue with a white console. the top of the console will be black with chrome around the shifter and the door will be blue. on the seats im thinkin either blue piping , blue in the middle of the seats with white sides orblue sides and white middles, the door panels will be white with blue carpet inserts on the bottom if i do the piping on the seats or if i do the blue centers theyll be white with blue carpet and blue ridges at the top. damn i gotta find my blue paint. any idea where i can get the belts fan alt radiator, radiator core support <basically everything from the water pump forward> for the mc?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
i told you to do the interior like that so it would stand out. if you get too much blue with that blue body, it's going to make it kinda dark and gloomy looking. its up to you, i just thought id bring it to your attention early on. ;)
ohh shit, i just remembered i almost bough a sweet ass show quality regal a little over a year ago that was done pretty much like that except everything was white leather with blue carpet and blue piping. everything else was white leater except all the speaker grills was shot with blue candy. and the body color was pretty much the same as yours.

damn, that was a clean car. he had a bunch of trophies from shows and it was in LRM a couple of times. i wish i woulda got it now. :(

as far as the monte, are you needing the actual parts or something that you can retro fit in there to complete it?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had originally planned to do the blue piping but i accidentally cut the piping off 1 of the front seats. i feel ya about the dark and gloomy thang thas what im worried about too b/c the body is so dark. as for the monte, id like to get the original parts but if i can fit sum shit in...ya know. i was even considerin gettin the profinish monte and usin the parts out of it and switchin out bodies since the body would almost match mine perfect and i got a fucked up spot on my roof but on the bad side id feel kinda like it wasnt mine since i didnt actually paint it.........be back in a few i gotta take a shower b/c i helped my boy pull his tranny out today and im gettin greasy fingerprints all over the white on the interior :0 :uh: :0 :uh:

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
that speedster looks good and I mean good! ;) ;)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Originally posted by 66pontiac@Jul 24 2003, 10:33 PM
that speedster looks good and I mean good! ;)  ;)
^im with stupid :biggrin: j/k

i agree it looks pretty damn good

Last edited by lowcrome at Jul 24 2003, 11:19 PM

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by lowcrome+Jul 24 2003, 08:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lowcrome @ Jul 24 2003, 08:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--66pontiac@Jul 24 2003, 10:33 PM
^im with stupid :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
LMMFAO!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Jul 24 2003, 11:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Jul 24 2003, 11:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2003, 08:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--66pontiac
@Jul 24 2003, 10:33 PM

^im with stupid :biggrin:
LMMFAO!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:[/b][/quote]
:thumbsup: :twak:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LMAO thanx every1. as i said it coulda been better but im happy with it. if i had my chance to redo anything itd be the dash. i brushed it gloss black and you can see the brush strokes but other than that its cool. i even managed to get most of the parts on it<which if you know me is a miracle> the only parts that didnt go on it were the front springs b/c of the lowering, the lower radiator hose and i NEVER put those on, and the wipers b/c they looked hella gay........

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
DAYUM did you paint that vette? i might have you airbrush my speaker box

·
Registered
993 Posts
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Jul 24 2003, 11:31 PM
DAYUM did you paint that vette? i might have you airbrush my speaker box
:angry:

iv got a primered g/n sittin in front of me that needs to be painted

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol tony that aint shit. i kinda fucked that paint job upbein impatient while the clear was dryin. i cant airbrush for shit and my airbrush is lost and broken at the moment but i can spray paint decent and i can hand paint like you wouldnt believe. come party with us tomorrow night and youll see the rest of the models up close and personal.......
lowcrome, man id love to paint ur shit but youd be best leavin it up to ray or 96 girl b/c i cant get the color and i dont trust myself enough to do model work for any1 else. ill do real car work b/c its easier to fix if i fuck up but i aint got a dustproof place to paint at so my paint usually comes out decent but when i do the clear it sometimes gets dust and shit in it.......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts