LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay after much debate and many sleep less night i decided to go with bags instead of switches. Okay i have a 2003 Impala LS. I want good performance i don't want it to take 3 hours to lift lol, i want a pretty fast set-up but on fast enough to mess up my car. I was planning on using 2 separte tanks (chrome of course :biggrin:) york compressor and 4 air struts. lol thats bout it, what else do i need? come on guys help me out. I'm ganna be updating the topic with pics. Also what can mees up on my car remember its FWD. :cool:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
first off, learn to say bags and juice, bags and switches are not always antonyms...

I dont know if youll have room for a York under that cramped ass hood...

you can get air struts for the front, Joe5pt0 uses them daily, and hasnt had a problem that I know of...

in the rear, you could more than likely use bags and brackets, or air struts, I'm not sure how the rear suspension is set up on the "new" Impala's

get some 3/8 vlaves, they will have good speed, bvut wont kill your car...

if space is a consideration, go with a set of manifold type valves, they take less room, and usually make for a cleaner install...

run about 150PSI

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what are the types of valves you have i want my car to mover like urs. also can i use fittings from hydro for air set ups could i even use hydraulic dumps.

Last edited by Juiced81boxchevy at Aug 15 2003, 08:00 PM

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
hydro dumps operate at 24VDC, so youd need another battery to power them..

I use 1/2" gold valves, they are very fast, and violent, even on a car as heavy as mine...

you may want to reconsider that option, a car like yours would move just as fast as mine with 3/8 stuff on it...

and yes, you can use high pressure fittings if you wanted, air or oil makes no difference, but it will be overkill...

if you happen to have some extra hydro hoses laying around, use em...

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking bout using these what do you think

Hyvair Model: SVD-8FP-12VDC These Valves are HIGH Flow Design. Specifications: 1/2” Female NPT Ports, CV= 4.6 Pressure Range: 2 PSI to 230 PSI Coil: 12VDC, 6.8 Watts Normally Closed, One Way Flow Direction Media: Air or Nitrogen Max. Media Temp: 190 Degrees F Max. Ambient Temp: 120 Degrees F Mount With Solenoid Vertical Body: Brass, Seals: Buna

Last edited by Juiced81boxchevy at Aug 15 2003, 08:33 PM

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would need 8 of these right

Last edited by Juiced81boxchevy at Aug 15 2003, 08:34 PM

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol what if i use slow down valves to bring it down slowly? of course i'm not ganna be using them all the time.

Last edited by Juiced81boxchevy at Aug 15 2003, 08:36 PM

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
or you could get away with 6, tee the front bags together after the valve, but isolate them with checks, and tie the dumps in after the checks, so the setup would be just like a 2 pump 4 dump juice setup...

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Aug 15 2003, 08:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Aug 15 2003, 08:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Juiced81boxchevy@Aug 15 2003, 11:35 PM
lol what if i use slow down valves to bring it down slowly? of course i'm not ganna be using them all the time.
slowdown will work fine for controlled drop, but its the lift that makes me cautious...[/b][/quote]
slow downs for the lift too??? I really never had a fwd car before what is it that messes them up? also how is the ride is it smooth how fast will i lift if i run this type of set-up i ganna make the yoke pump fit lol the compressor is bad ass

Last edited by Juiced81boxchevy at Aug 15 2003, 08:39 PM

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by Juiced81boxchevy+Aug 15 2003, 11:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Juiced81boxchevy @ Aug 15 2003, 11:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 08:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Juiced81boxchevy
@Aug 15 2003, 11:35 PM

slowdown will work fine for controlled drop, but its the lift that makes me cautious...
slow downs for the lift too??? I really never had a fwd car before what is it that messes them up? also how is the ride is it smooth how fast will i lift if i run this type of set-up i ganna make the yoke pump fit lol the compressor is bad ass[/b][/quote]
my car lifts super fast, thats why I'm suggesting you stick with 3/8 all around..

my car rides very smooth, unless I hit a big enough bump, the the front hits hard because I'm not running front shocks..

my car lifts instantly when the tank is full...

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it loud when it dumps? what's up with that extra tank you have on your set-up what's it used for? if i get another batt could i use hydraulic dumps for now?

Last edited by Juiced81boxchevy at Aug 15 2003, 08:56 PM

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
nope, mine is very quiet..
the extra tank is nitrogen, I use it to refill the tank faster, like at shows and shit, so I can hit switches longer..
yes, if you had 24V, you could use hydraulic dumps, they are almost the same inside..

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how can you make them loud i saw an explorer with bags and heard that shit from a block away or was their something wrong wit it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts