LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have a bone stock 1960 bubbletop I am going to prepare to lift. I am not certain and actually doubtful I will use a 3 wheel, but wanted to modify my car to handle it if this is the case.
I plan on going 2 pump setup, 8 batteries and running either 10/12 or 8/12. was going to do only FBSS and I didn't really plan on bouncing around all over the place, just using the hydros for dropping it on it's ass and then being able to play with it with respect to the rest of the car.
My question is,
what should I do to prep the suspension? do I need to have anything stretched or reinforced?
I plan on getting a frame and having them reinforce the hell out of it then I'll have it powdercoated.
I got all the necessary new driveline stuff (telescopic rear shaft, new carrier bearing).
also, anyone have a preference on hydro equipment? I was thinking of going Hoppos.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
You know this is going to be on one of them personal preference question. I would say prep for the best scenario only because you get that taste of the 3 wheel then you gonna want more. It also sounds like its more of a lay and play with some 3 action. I myself is looking to buy a new low low after selling my 63ss which i regret so much now. You may get wanna just do some structural reinforcement on certain parts of frame but i would just say wrap it do it right never worry about it again. Also food for thought you can do 6 batt set up and go 36 volt and 3 pump and enjoy it all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know this is going to be on one of them personal preference question. I would say prep for the best scenario only because you get that taste of the 3 wheel then you gonna want more. It also sounds like its more of a lay and play with some 3 action. I myself is looking to buy a new low low after selling my 63ss which i regret so much now. You may get wanna just do some structural reinforcement on certain parts of frame but i would just say wrap it do it right never worry about it again. Also food for thought you can do 6 batt set up and go 36 volt and 3 pump and enjoy it all.
Yeah lay n play works, but I keep hearing that once it's juiced if I don't setup now for 3 wheel, I'll forever regret it and it's expensive to Re-Do, Sooooo doin it right the first time. Frames coming off next month to get reinforced then sent off to get powdercoated. while that's happening, I'll be picking up and/or modifying what's needed for suspension.
I got the driveline knocked out already. That was more by force, but it's done so that's that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts