LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM A FIRST TIME BUILDER WORKING ON A 1970 IMPALA AND IM 90% DONE WITH FRAME AND ENGINE .. :biggrin: NOW IM GETTING READI TO START WORK ON MY BODY AND I WANNA GET IT BLASTED TO GET RID OF ALL THE RUST IT HAS IN IT IN THE INSIDE DOESNT HAVE MUCH BUT I WANNA DO IT RITE..!!THE QUESTION IS THAT I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO BCUZ THEIRS SODA BLASTING , SAND BLASTING AND WALNUT MEDIA BLASTING...JUST WANNA SEE WHAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DOING AND WHATS WORKS THE BEST...?????? OR WHAT PEOPLE WERE MOST SATISFIED WITH ??!!! THANKS :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
i would go with sand blasting i'm building a 62 wagon and it had a lot of rust and i'm getting it sand blasted because its going to take all the rust off and as far as the soda i think it just takes the paint off

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would recomend media blasting... with sand blasting if the homie dosen't know how to work it they may warp the panels they're blasting sand just creates too much heat so it could end up causing you more metal work than you started with

·
Registered
267 Posts
Originally posted by 70HD@Mar 25 2010, 12:44 AM~16993906
I would recomend media blasting... with sand blasting if the homie dosen't know how to work it they may warp the panels they're blasting sand just creates too much heat so it could end up causing you more metal work than you started with
:yes: Media blasting is the onlyl way to go. It can get all the rust off and its easier on the metal. Plus its safe on glass if you chose to leave it in while its being blasted.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by sx-t-4 impala@Mar 25 2010, 07:20 AM~16995417
:yes: Media blasting is the onlyl way to go.  It can get all the rust off and its easier on the metal.  Plus its safe on glass if you chose to leave it in while its being blasted.
REALLY ... MEADIA BLASTING WONT DAMAGE WINDOWS WOW...I DIDNT KNOW THAT.! BUT I THINK IMA TAKE THEM OFF EITHER WAY DONT WANT TO RISK IT..GRACIAS FOR THE INPUT FELLAZ... :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts