LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin to buy my first set up for my cutty and lookin to spend around 1300cdn so ive been lookin at set ups on all the major dro sites and this is what i have come up with

From showtime
ShowTime Chrome
Two ShowTime Chrome pumps (pictured here) or four ShowTime Chrome pumps, fittings, standard check valves, competition dumps, #6 high-pressure hoses, 8" street cylinders, slow downs, cups, donuts, street switches, solenoids, switchplate and switch cord.
(Two pumps) $999.00

From Prohopper
The 2005 Complete Kit $995.50
http://www.catalog.prohopper.com/product_i...products_id=279

From Reds
COMPETITION-SERIES FBSS CHROME KIT (ROCKFORD) $999.00
COMES COMPLETE WITH TWO COMPETITION PUMPS (ROCKFORD #9 OR #11 GEARS), FOUR COMPETITION DUMPS, HOSES & FITTINGS, DONUTS AND CUPS, 8" AND 10" CYLINDERS, AN ALUMINUM 8-HOLE SWITCH BRACKET, SWITCHES & SWITCH CORD.

And from Black Magic

street 2 pump(marzocchi)

(chr)945.00

right now im looking at probably buying the prohopper kit as it includes springs which is a bonus and you can also upgrade to make the setup better, but what would you guys recomend for a first time setup, im lookin to hop(not huge hopping but it would be nice to get off the ground) and f,b,s,s

thanks alot

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
definately go with showtime, chrome pumps are fine but make sure you dont get the chrome cylinders because after a while the chrome flakes away and fucks up all ur shit... also make sure you run coil-overs in the rear it is not a big deal to setup and is SOOOO worth it, anybody will tell you... also, run 14's instead of 13's...

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
oh yea, most importantly, dont do any of this AT ALL unless you reinforce your frame! especially the rear humps and axle!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
My suggestion is don't get Reds. Go w/ the PH or Showtime. Reds isn't known for making quality pumps.

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Go with a PH pro-comp set-up,spend a couple hundred more and you have a reliable system.

·
Registered
267 Posts
reds did me good. i dont know why you say reds doesnt build quality pumps.

Posted Today, 10:41 AM
My suggestion is don't get Reds. Go w/ the PH or Showtime. Reds isn't known for making quality pumps.

·
Registered
267 Posts
they have never been bad for anyone ive talked to. like said in other topects prior to this. reds started the game out. and still are going so they are doing something right. plus in my lil time in the lowrider hydraulic game they have helped me out the most. costumer service wise. not saying others are bad buti got my shit in like three days and simple shipments from other companies went wrong.

plus it seems like uys like shortys in houston and reds cali with the belair wagon are swingin pretty hard on reds. thats just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
red's is still # 1 you get what you pay for. customer service is great. There products are built to last. I guess its cause Ive been a satisfied customer for 10 years.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sweet. Well I should be getting it all in early next week. So next weekend it`ll all be installed. But like ya said, customer service was awesome. Cool ppl

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Aug 3 2005, 06:50 PM
red's is still # 1    you get what you pay for. customer service is great. There products are built to last.  I guess its cause Ive been a satisfied customer for 10 years.
[snapback]3537393[/snapback]​
If Reds is making quality pumps now then that's good. I've been riding on switches for over 10 years and back in the day reds made some pretty (but shitty) pumps. They may have stepped up their game but I still won't by them.
I have no problem w/ Showtime equipment but I don't like to buy from the either because of shitty customer service. They fuck up all my orders for customers.
:thumbsdown:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts