LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first radio install and im kinda lost.there are 8 speaker the radio but only 6 coming from the car, plus a blue wire and i dont know what that shits for. Another thing is that there are 4 power wired from the radio but 5 from the car. i know which wires to math for the battery and theignition but i dont know what to put the ground wire or the antenna wire to or what to do with the extra wire coming from the car. i guess what im really asking is what goes with what. PLEASE HELP. NIGGA IN DISTRESS!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by backblower@Aug 16 2006, 10:14 AM~5979696
this is my first radio install and im kinda lost.there are 8 speaker the radio but only 6 coming from the car, plus a blue wire and i dont know what that shits for. Another thing is that there are 4 power wired from the radio but 5 from the car. i know which wires to math for the battery and theignition but i dont know what to put the ground wire or the antenna wire to or what to do with the extra wire coming from the car. i guess what im really asking is what goes with what. PLEASE HELP. NIGGA IN DISTRESS!!!

First off what car and what head unit? This would be the most important information. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by draarong2004+Aug 16 2006, 11:39 AM~5980278-->
just get a wiring adapter kit? or did someone rip apart your stock wiring?
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Blazerbump03
@Aug 16 2006, 08:10 PM~5983258
get a new factory wiring harness from a junkyard, i had to do that for one of my cars, and dont let any one else touch anything if they cant explain it first lol

hahahhaha listen to all these people relying on a wire harness adapter. Yea it makes things a bit easier, but there was a day NOT TOO LONG AGO when these were not too readily available to most consumers and people had to actually do the install without a harness.

You really dont need a harness, it can be completely done the right waywithout one.

Just let us know the car and head unit brand/model

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Aug 16 2006, 09:47 PM~5983581
hahahhaha listen to all these people relying on a wire harness adapter. Yea it makes things a bit easier, but there was a day NOT TOO LONG AGO when these were not too readily available to most consumers and people had to actually do the install without a harness.

You really dont need a harness, it can be completely done the right waywithout one.

Just let us know the car and head unit brand/model

Thanks
been available for the past 10 years that i know of? :dunno:


either that or get some molex connectors so the next time you install, you know which wire goes where, my best advice.
however, we can walk you through it if you tell us what kind of vehicle it is, make/model/year did the vehicle originally have a premium stereo or just a basic?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
if that nigga cut the wires off, another way of find the speakers is to get a battery those square one, and put one wire on a + and one -,and if you speaker makes a bump or noise then those are speaker wires?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by meza310angel310@Aug 17 2006, 06:36 PM~5989705
if that nigga cut the wires off, another way of find the speakers is to get a battery those square one, and put one wire on a + and one -,and if you speaker makes a bump or noise then those are speaker wires?
that...is THEE worst thing to do, connect the positive and negative from the main battery and the battery in your hand go BOOM..

every vehicle has a specific color code to avoide blowing off your hands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by draarong2004@Aug 17 2006, 09:45 AM~5986370
been available for the past 10 years that i know of? :dunno:
either that or get some molex connectors so the next time you install, you know which wire goes where, my best advice.
however, we can walk you through it if you tell us what kind of vehicle it is, make/model/year  did the vehicle originally have a premium stereo or just a basic?

I would argue it out with you, but since most people on this forum have owned you multiple times for everything from your truck (your monster killer 2WD LoL) and your setup, and you just in general being completely wrong and giving wrong information, I'll just let it rest.

Lets add... youve already bitten off more than you can chew, numerous times. Dont you learn?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Aug 18 2006, 07:58 AM~5992902
I would argue it out with you, but since most people on this forum have owned you multiple times for everything from your truck (your monster killer 2WD LoL) and your setup, and you just in general  being completely wrong and giving wrong information, I'll just let it rest.
k.....but 10 years ago is like 1996, not 1984 ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Originally posted by draarong2004@Aug 18 2006, 08:45 AM~5993130
k.....but 10 years ago is like 1996, not 1984 ;)
:cool: :biggrin:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: um yea what he said :twak:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,410 Posts
Get a tester.

Find the wire that has power all the time (with the key off) and hook that up to your constant 12v for your radio.

Find the wire that has power with ignition (with the key on) and hook that up to ignition.

Get the black wire from your radio and hook it up to the ground from ur car. If you can't find that, turn ur ignition on and touch the black wire on metal surfaces behind the radio until it comes on, you've now found a ground. Attach it somehow and you're set on the power.

Now that your radio has working power. Go into ur radio settings, fade the radio to the front and then balace it all the way to the left. Now get your front left speaker wires from the new radio, test the speaker wires on your car until the front left comes on. When it does, attach them. Do the same for the remaining speakers.

**Note** Let's just say that your car's speaker wires for the front left are Grn/Blu , and then Grn/Blck ... And let's say u use grn/blck for negative from your new radio and grn/blu for positive.... Use ur common sense on the other speakers.... if the next set is Gray/blck , and gray/blu you're gona wana use the same pattern, use black for negative so all your speakers play in phase.

This is how i did it back in the day b4 i knew about the wonders of wiring harnesses =) When I was a broke 16 year old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,397 Posts
just look ate the color of the cables onthe speakers... red and yellow goes together then black ground .... the rest speakers....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by TD Hydros@Aug 18 2006, 10:57 AM~5994024
just look ate the color of the cables onthe speakers... red and yellow goes together then black ground .... the rest speakers....
um, no....

stock vehicle wiring harness's don't follow the standard for color codes, and if you are suggesting to connect red and yellow together, your suggesting a dead battery from a radio that won't shut off normally when you turn the car off, matter fact, you just might run into probles with the engine not shutting off(depending on how your wiring system works in your car)

there's a color code for every car, answer the question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Aug 18 2006, 02:23 PM~5995433
If he ever bothers to mention what vehicle he's working on, I can give him all the wire color codes he will need...  :uh:
shh, don't tell dufus that, were all stupid here :0
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top