LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi you guys, can you please help me out?

I'm trying to find a fitting or fittings to run my Viair pressure switch & tank gauge 1/8 line using my top port on my tank.

Do I need a tee fitting? or a bunch of fittings?

Here is my tank info,

4 1/2" ports on the face, one 1/2" port on either end, and a 1/4" top and bottom port.

Thanks

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by 1lowpup@Oct 21 2007, 09:55 PM~9054016
thats all?
don't get the 1/4" Tee, get the 1/2" the bottom won't fit. Then get the 1/2" to 1/8" (careful some pressure switches have a 1/4" and some have a 1/8" male NPT thread at the end. The same with air gauges) female reducers. What I did the first time was go to Home Depot or Lowes and looked in the Plumbing section for their fittings and checked to see which one would fit (that is IF you don't know the size). Then get you a PTC fitting for that air line.
While your there though might as well pick up some teflon, it's only about .99 for a good role of it.

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
it would to fit. the reduce makes the 1/2 tank port opening to a 1/8 opening i did this on the hearse many a times playing with different setup ideas. only problem would be if the gauge is a 1/4 then he'd have to by a 1/2 to 1/4 reducer, 1/4 t' then a reducer to go 1/4 to 1/8

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the gauge I will be using " if that helps any " -EASYSTREET Single needle gauge 2" 0-200psi

and I will run the 1/8 line from the cab back to the tank

but I only have one port to use for the pressure switch and the 1/8 line

thanks you guys

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh and this is my pressure switch

90103 - 165 PSI on, 200 PSI off

1/8" NPT male port fitting.

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Originally posted by 1lowpup@Oct 22 2007, 12:40 AM~9054719
This is the gauge I will be using " if that helps any " -EASYSTREET Single needle gauge 2" 0-200psi

and I will run the 1/8 line from the cab back to the tank

but I only have one port to use for the pressure switch and the 1/8 line

thanks you guys
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh totally different gauge then what i was thinking.ighty for that u need

parts except for the female ptc for the back of the gauge

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by hearse@Oct 21 2007, 11:16 PM~9054912
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh totally different gauge then what i was thinking.ighty for that u need
parts except for the female ptc for the back of the gauge

Thanks a lot for all you help, it much appreciated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts