LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey peoples to everyone who gave me some info on replacin my check valves thanks it went smooth as silk an it worked now i dont have a limp cylinder anymore took a total of 30 min

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
hey i forgot to ask what was the problem was it that the car keep going down on its own and u closed the slowdown and it still went down??????

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by oops2low@Sep 21 2003, 07:29 PM
yeah my s-dime kept goin limp even wit the slowdown closed
GLAD I COULD HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

told ya, good luck man :cool:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
i need some help on changing my check valves. im having the same problems as oops2low had, i lift the car and slowly it drops by itself. i tried doin a search to see how peeps helped him out but the search is down. so if someone could hook it up wit some info i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Originally posted by abe0027@Sep 21 2003, 11:55 PM
i need some help on changing my check valves. im having the same problems as oops2low had, i lift the car and slowly it drops by itself. i tried doin a search to see how peeps helped him out but the search is down. so if someone could hook it up wit some info i would appreciate it.
make sure u bleed ur line first before chaning the check valve..

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Glad ya got it fixed oops2low!!!!

This is what I had put up to help him for the other guy:

1. The check valve is what is within the red square.

2. Remove all the hoses which is pointed ot in blue.

3. Depending on where your dump (indicated in Orange) is located you might need to remove thos indicated in green (the accumulator if u have one, the dump fittings and stem) to allow the dump to spin with out hitting anything. Use open ended wrenches and be careful not to hit anything with them including batteries or threads etc. On the dump use a nice siaze adjustable and a cloth so as not to score the dump.

4. Next put the adjustable on the dump and an open ended wrench on the check valve. Spin the dump off and then take the check valve off.

5. Put it all back on in the reverse order but make sure you clean each part and use all new teflon tape.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
thanks for the help djtwisgsta. your explanation seems preety clear and im gonna try to fix the ride this weakend. and crazy4hydros thanks for tellin me to bleed the line. it would suck to have a trunk full of oil.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts