LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to shoot my car candy red with silver base but now im thinking of using a
silver flake for a base, what kind of effect will i get with using flake as a base then just regular silver paint?any pics or reply will help.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Sep 11 2005, 03:42 AM~3791502
Eather way, you still need a silver base for the flake befor the candy anyway.
so do a silver base then silver flake on top of that, what effect will the flake give
compared to just using a regular silver base?

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
youre asking the difference between flaked silver base vs non-flaked silver base? well youd have no flake. if youre asking the difference between using a non-silverflake job vs a silver flake job over a silver base, youll see the difference when you lay out the flake. when you use silver/silver base or gold/gold base or red/red base, youll see how it all looks uniform, cant really notice the holes. if you use red on top of silver youll notice the places that dont have silver. i say use flake color that is closest to the base you want. so pick a color, find out what base it is and use the appropriate flake color. kind of why they made different color flakes :)

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
OK.........no matter what color flake you use, you realy should use a simular color base befor the flake.........

If you don't use a simular base, and just try to "flake out" the primer, then you will be using a whole lot of flake, in many coats, wich means hig mills.......then on top of that, you will be throughing candy....more mills :nono:

But if you use a simular color base, you will only need like 3 coats of intercoat clear with less then 4oz of flake, to make it look like it's flaked out.

It's easer, you'll get a more uniform color tone, spend less money, and not have to worry about getting it all to thick.

·
Registered
180 Posts
And when it comes to paint Estilo is right 99.99 % of the time so take heed and your paint will bleed !
The .01 % being wrong I haven't seen yet , but no one is right always . ;)

Estilo you tried the Optimum polish yet bro ?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Sep 11 2005, 02:09 PM~3793133
OK.........no matter what color flake you use, you realy should use a simular color base befor the flake.........

If you don't use a simular base, and just try to "flake out" the primer, then you will be using a whole lot of flake, in many coats, wich means hig mills.......then on top of that, you will be throughing candy....more mills  :nono:
But if you use a simular color base, you will only need like 3 coats of intercoat clear with less then 4oz of flake, to make it look like it's flaked out.

It's easer, you'll get a more uniform color tone, spend less money, and not have to worry about getting it all to thick.

thanks for the info bro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts