LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if you can put a flame kit on a 1996 Sedan Deville? I know for most kits your car can't have a cat. converter but is there another way to do it on a newer Caddy?

Any websites or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
you can get a flame thrower kit from auto loc for 200$ but you still have to take off the cat(s) all you need is an extra coil and spark plug you need two coils and plugs if you have dual exhaust www.autoloc.com

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
hmm i dont think it would be effective with fuel injection..the way i know how to do it is to shut of the cars ignition, pump the gas and light the rear plugs. all of that really fast and turn the ignition back on so the car wont stall.that way ur baiscly pushing raw fuel through the pipes and when the get to the tips and lights it will be fire fire fire..but yea id say no for that new of a car also if u do it ur going to need to change the oil often cause its going to get alot of gas in it

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I know someone who put a flame kit on a 70 Monte, well the dumb ass lost the gas cap and was drivin down the road playing with the flames and set the back of the car on fire, LOL burned the rear of the car all to hell

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you do a search in this forum Mantinence and repair there is a huge thread on this with instructions for gasoline injected flame throwers

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by BLVDCRUISER@Aug 31 2005, 03:52 PM~3727467
hmm i dont think it would be effective with fuel injection..
:cool: that's true... fuel injection and flame throwers don't work to well... it can be done with the gasoline type flame thrower systems....

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by drug_lord@Sep 1 2005, 01:56 PM~3733301
would a flame kit work on a 91 caprice with a 350 small block Chevy engine?

the basic kits no, not with fuel injection or cats... gas injected flame throwers, yes...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts