LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found this to be better and more expensive than WD40. this is only air flamable at that. the WD40 clogged the pipes since it was liquid and air killing the bressure off to make a stream of juice and producing no flame.
not the straw mounts flush with the copper tube

heres how the muffler looks like after its been modified theres a 3-1/2 inch curved copper tube in the pipe, the top pipe is bent 90 degrees(im using hoses you can use what you want).

BOOM. i used a candle to ignite the flame the candle is an everlasting candle sold at party stores. or gasoline soaked foam in a aluminum tube. the candle and tube were both mounted under the muffler, theyre also far apart enough to prevent blow back.

if you look hard enough you can see the cande and where the flame is at

shots that show the candle action

enjoy
:biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Rollin' Regal@Nov 18 2003, 02:48 AM
:ugh:  :ugh:  :ugh:  :ugh:  :ugh:  :ugh:

yup yu drink the drink of Haters

Got Haterade. at least i dont have to bear the shame of driving or owning a Gbody

Last edited by Lownslow302 at Nov 18 2003, 03:01 AM

·
Registered
744 Posts
MAN.. instead of scraping you blowing..we from europe bow down to you man.. you the man,,,,you the man... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

PEAZ and Beans

·
Registered
240 Posts
you have a good idea but the wayyou are doing it is la me i mean how cool is it to ride around in your bicycle with a candle what you should do is crak open one of those electric lighters they have somethig that gives a spark you could find them at the swap meets or 99 cent stores by the tons :uh: :uh: :uh:

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Stock Low-Low@Nov 18 2003, 02:09 PM
you have a good idea but the wayyou are doing it is la me i mean how cool is it to ride around in your bicycle with a candle what you should do is crak open one of those electric lighters they have somethig that gives a spark you could find them at the swap meets or 99 cent stores by the tons :uh: :uh: :uh:
i know that but the simpler it is the better. actually im using gasoline soaked styrofoam in tubes better than candles you see in the picks

i know i can do it its building the cablesystem thats where the problem lies. im might use 2 wires far apart enough to create a spark,but this might not work becuse i didnt work at all during testing we needed a ongoing flame. :(

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i had this done to my bike along time ago what i did was drill a small hole in the top of the i forgot what it is called but the tail pipes they are bent in a "u" right above the seat that's where i drilled a hole uses a copper line to a small propane bottle with a nos valve the hit it and boom they shot out i have a vid but it was shot at night and all you see is a bit of flame and then too much light for the cam to adjust but if you want i will send it to you

the lil plastic at the end was very slow burning but it stayed lit for pilot

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Nov 18 2003, 02:07 PM
i had this done to my bike along time ago what i did was drill a small hole in the top of the i forgot what it is called but the tail pipes they are bent in a "u" right above the seat that's where i drilled a hole uses a copper line to a small propane bottle with a nos valve the hit it and boom they shot out i have a vid but it was shot at night and all you see is a bit of flame and then too much light for the cam to adjust but if you want i will send it to you

oh and the flames where atleast 6 feet i used diff gas i used map gass once and it was eaven bigger but the map leaves alot of soot but it also leaves a thin trail of flame spots on the ground

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by joebomber52+Nov 18 2003, 03:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Nov 18 2003, 03:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52@Nov 18 2003, 02:07 PM

oh and the flames where atleast 6 feet i used diff gas i used map gass once and it was eaven bigger but the map leaves alot of soot but it also leaves a thin trail of flame spots on the ground[/b][/quote]
my buddies flamethrower uses mapp gas. his pilots are grill pilots for some reason they didnt work with mine

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Rat Rodder@Nov 18 2003, 05:20 PM
Dont set that partacal board on fire :0
:biggrin: i set a bunch of leaves outside on fire looked cool for a second then we had to put it out

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wohoo i found a pilot light.

its a electronic furnace pilot. it doesnt light up into a flame but creates a big enough spark to set it off. :biggrin:

once it fully works im going to move to my next project making a Stick Shift from scratch. forgot to mention the shifting mechanism involves an ice cream scooper :cool:

Last edited by Lownslow302 at Nov 19 2003, 11:35 PM

1 - 16 of 16 Posts