LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions. 1) I have a 93 Fleetwood with 16 batteries and 4 pumps (lot of weight). The drivers side rear tire busted the other day. How do I jack the car up (when I put the jack on the frame, only the car raises and the tire/rim stays on the ground)?. Also, I can not get the jack under the axle. I am trying to jack the car up without putting any creases in the quarter panel from all the weight in the trunk (it happened on the other side when I busted the tire when I first bought the car). 2) Does anyone have a number to Hi-Low Custom Hydrualics in Gardena, CA? Thanks!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Originally posted by Cali-Life@Sep 22 2003, 10:22 AM
Two questions. 1) I have a 93 Fleetwood with 16 batteries and 4 pumps (lot of weight). The drivers side rear tire busted the other day.  How do I jack the car up (when I put the jack on the frame, only the car raises and the tire/rim stays on the ground)?. Also, I can not get the jack under the axle.  I am trying to jack the car up without putting any creases in the quarter panel from all the weight in the trunk (it happened on the other side when I busted the tire  when I first bought the car). 2) Does anyone have a number to Hi-Low Custom Hydrualics in Gardena, CA? Thanks!

u need two jacks or 1 jack and a jackstand

Last edited by Old School Habits at Sep 22 2003, 10:37 AM

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
lift the whole rear with your hydros. Put a jack on the side you are changing the tire on. Put it on the frame in front of the rear tire. Just give it 2 lifts or so. Now drop the side that has the flat using your switches. That tire will come right off the ground for changin ;)

Last edited by djtwigsta at Sep 22 2003, 01:26 PM

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Hey this is my topic, ive worked in a tire shop for the past 6 years. We run into problems like this all the time like not being able to get the jacks under the cars because of ground effects and lowered cars. All you have to do to get a jack under the rear end is get a peace of wood or somthing you can drive your rear wheel on to. That will lift your rear end up enough to get a jack under it. Simple to do and you wont have any problems with your rear end staying on the ground . :biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts