LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANY ONE ELSE HAVE THE PROBLEM OF THE INT LIGHTS STAYING ON AND DRAINING THE BATTERY LIKE 3 OF THE 5 BROUGAHMS I HAVE HAD HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM THE DEALER SAID SOME SHIT ABOUT THE DOOR LATCH BEING FUCKED BUT YOU KNOW THEM FUCKERS JUST WANT YOUR MONEY LET ME KNWO IF YOU HAVE HAD THE PROBLEM AND HAVE FIXED IT OR FOUND OUT WHAT IT REALLY IS THANKS

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Yea, a friends 93 did that... the interior lights would come on for no reason and stay on, really sucked. Took him a while to figure out what was causing it... i think it was a wire that passed through a hole and the grommet would fall out causing the wire to contact metal or something like that??? I just cant remember where the wire was? Maybe it was in the door jamb like they told you? His name is OGJordan on here, ill PM this topic to him, maybe he remembers.......

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by JasonJ@Jul 25 2005, 07:06 PM
Yea, a friends 93 did that... the interior lights would come on for no reason and stay on, really sucked. Took him a while to figure out what was causing it... i think it was a wire that passed through a hole and the grommet would fall out causing the wire to contact metal or something like that??? I just cant remember where the wire was? Maybe it was in the door jamb like they told you? His name is OGJordan on here, ill PM this topic to him, maybe he remembers.......
[snapback]3477946[/snapback]​
cool thanks let me know please thanks

·
7,431 Posts
That's been like 7 or 8 years ago, to be honest with you, I think it just fixed itself. I know you don't want to hear that, but it did it for a month or two, then just stopped. You may want to replace the pin switch that says the door is closed. I just thought of a place you can find out though, try here:

Impala, Fleetwood, Caprice Forums

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by OGJordan@Jul 26 2005, 07:37 AM
That's been like 7 or 8 years ago, to be honest with you, I think it just fixed itself.  I know you don't want to hear that, but it did it for a month or two, then just stopped.  You may want to replace the pin switch that says the door is closed.  I just thought of a place you can find out though, try here:

Impala, Fleetwood, Caprice Forums
[snapback]3481090[/snapback]​
coo thanks

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all these big body owners on here and no one else has this problem but one didnt i end up with all the shit boxs(mrimpala shush ha ha ha)

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
none of you big body owners have this problem

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I work for GM and it is a known issue with the 93-96 Fleetwoods. I have a schematic on the repair but it is a lot of work to determine which door wedge is bad. Somebody just suggested buying new wedges for all 4 doors. That may not fix it if the problem is in the wiring which is under the floor carpet.

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Aug 2 2005, 06:56 AM
I work for GM and it is a known issue with the 93-96 Fleetwoods.  I have a schematic on the repair but it is a lot of work to determine which door wedge is bad.  Somebody just suggested buying new wedges for all 4 doors.  That may not fix it if the problem is in the wiring which is under the floor carpet.
[snapback]3526368[/snapback]​
so hwo do i test it to get it fixed??

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY@Aug 2 2005, 11:06 PM
so hwo do i test it to get it fixed??
[snapback]3532034[/snapback]​
If you have a fax machine I can fax you the service info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts