LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I closed my drivers side door and it didnt close right, so I opened it and closed it again....now my door WILL NOT OPEN!!!!

The outside handle does not work and the inside handle wont either....
How can I possably fix this if I cant even open my door at all????

Also my powered trunk puller fucked up the same day. It just keeps closing then lifting constantly, I finaly got pissed off and pulled the fuse when it is in the down position so the damn thing stays closed. What is wrong with my trunk??? how do I fix it.

Somone has got to be able to help me, it kills me to see my baby falling apart infront of me after all the work and money I put into it......

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ANYBODY!!!!!!

Somebody has got to have some kind of idea....or has had the similar problem before.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
THE TRUNK LATCH/STRICKER NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED. TO PROVE THIS PLACE A TERRY TOWEL FOLDED IN HALF JUST TO THE RIGHT OF THE MOTOR TRUNK LOOP. WHEN YOU CLOSE THE TRUNK THE MOTOR WILL PULL IT DOWN AND STAY. THE DOOR PANEL HAS TO BE REMOVED WHILE THE DOOR IS CLOSED FROM THE INSIDE AND YOU'LL HAVE TO UN-JAM THE LATCH FROM THE INSIDE. ITS GOIN TO BE A PAIN , YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PULL OUT THE SEAT FOR EXTRA ROOM.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice man, I will try it out tommorow when it is bright out and let you know how it went.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WTF!!!!!!

Same thing on my passenger side now....IDK HOW THE FUCK TO GET IN THIS THING NOW....

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
break a window. are you in a cold climate? the grease could be freezing up in the door latch assembly, i had that happen a few times in my hearse..... door wouldnt latch at all.... i had to tie it shut to get home.....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hurts to have to break a window....

Yea the climate here is cold, but I havent even been using the car but it is outside and sitting. I will see if I can somehow warm the grease....maybe find one of those heat cannons and a tent or parachute.....let her rip for a few hours in there.

Times like these that make me wanna get the fuck outa canada.....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it warmed up a fair bit one day and I went out to check it out for fun and both doors work now? Must have just been the grease frozen or somthing. SO if anyone else has this problem, could be the same thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts