LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to make sure I got my fiberglass shells placed right before I glass them in. I basically need the inside doorjamb measurement to see if the shell
need to go in or out, I don't have the metal trim that goes in the jamb yet so I really have no reference points as to how far forward or back the shell should be.......please help

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
man ur in luck. im on the interstate and i actually have the correct measurements in my wallet. give me a sec. i had to find a og fleetwood b4 for the right info to do my conversion

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
ok measureing from the backside of the fleetwood window shell. im using each screw hole as my reference points. we will measure from top to bottom on each hole of the 3 were able to measure from. top hole gap is 1/2 inch to the jamb post. middle gap is 3/4. and bottom gap is 1 inch from the backside of the shell to the jamb post. b sure to use them screw holes as a measureing reference. hope this helpd.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn bro that's exactly what I needed, I appreciate it. One last question though, I got those gaps right and now it looks like the whole shells needs to be moved forward to be even with the jamb post?? Or does the trim piece curve around to meet the shell?

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
u want the frame to sit towards the rear end of the car as much as it can. the jamb post will be exposed when facing the shell. u gotta remember that jamb trim will cover that plus u mant the door to close without rubbing that jamb trim. when i ripped the vinyl off the 2dr the frame was positioned evenly as far as it could be towards the rear of the car.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool man. You have saved me a huge headache. Seems like If something can go wrong it does with me....so this is a blessing as far as this car goes.....thanks again mayne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts