LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That jagged edge of old frame is mangling the bottom cushion of the bodymount. I'm sure it not mounting flush and letting that point flex.

If I cut that jagged part out will it correct the problem?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
ouch,maybe a "washer" to keep it from going inside?!

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
id lower the frame out from under the car and fix that

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Oct 29 2007, 02:17 PM~9106995
id lower the frame out from under the car and fix that

Dropping the frame isnt gonna make it more accessible. The frame is wrapped and smoothed.

Gonna have to find another way....

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
did it mess the qtrs up? no tellin if thats the prob,but it wouldnt hurt to fix that! btw, whys it say your banned?

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by AndrewH@Oct 29 2007, 04:25 PM~9107875
did it mess the qtrs up?  no tellin if thats the prob,but it wouldnt hurt to fix that!  btw, whys it say your banned?

Yes it fucked my quarter up.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
aww that suck ass that its alreayd smoothed out and wrapped. i would put a washer inside like another member posted

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Oct 29 2007, 07:11 PM~9109188
aww that suck ass that its alreayd smoothed out and wrapped. i would put a washer inside like another member posted
A dremel is opening that hole up enough so the bushing will fit against the "new" steel on top.

Just time and effort.

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by NaptownSwangin@Oct 29 2007, 09:48 PM~9110482
A dremel is opening that hole up enough so the bushing will fit against the "new" steel on top.

Just time and effort.

It worked. Or so it seems. The bushing now rests on the flat part of the new steel....

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
ya that word work too. sometimes the obvious fixes arent always the first lol. but opening up the hole and adding metal would definately help that. i would try to sand that rust off as much as u can and spray that area with rustolemum. if i spelled that correctly, so that it will turn the rust into primer and seal

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Originally posted by NaptownSwangin@Oct 29 2007, 09:47 AM~9105315

That jagged edge of old frame is mangling the bottom cushion of the bodymount.  I'm sure it not mounting flush and letting that point flex. 
If I cut that jagged part out will it correct the problem?
god damn, that shit looks like the cookie monster took a bite out of it! TRim and smooth them jagged edges with a carbide bit they are defianatly keeping the bodymount from sitting flush in the hole! I had to take a carbide bit to all mine as well, you want it smooth and circular as possible!! :cool:

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Originally posted by NaptownSwangin@Oct 29 2007, 04:31 PM~9107916
Yes it fucked my quarter up.
Damn that sucks, yeah anytime a frame is wrapped its always a good idea to smooth out the body mount holes so the bushings wont get mauled, most likely the person doing the frame wont, all they do is cut em with a plasma and thats it!

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I worked 30 mins trying to get the pic to show the flex. Here it is, how can I fix? Its not so much buckled, more like a ripple. Would a stud welding dent repair be ideal?

Thank god I noticed it early. :(

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by NaptownSwangin@Aug 22 2008, 09:43 PM~11415210
I worked 30 mins trying to get the pic to show the flex. Here it is, how can I fix? Its not so much buckled, more like a ripple.  Would a stud welding dent repair be ideal? 

Thank god I noticed it early. :(

:0 good catch bro :cool:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Might sound kinda corny but try and lift the car by the back bumper or just dump it on some jack stands right at the rear bumper, it maybe pop back out...if it does you may be able to fiberglass the 1/4s or ive even seen spray foam used to support the sheet metal...try shimming up the body bushings or leave them loose and see if it come back

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
]
nah mike dont leave shit loose, whats done is done, the floor brace is tweaked a lil thats why it started to buckle, leaving shit loose or jacking it up n such isnt going to fix the problem, that top hole of the frame that the bushing is sitting on needs to be smoothed a perfect circle so the bushing will sit properly, the bottom of those bushing are stepped/tapered...... they actually sit in the frame then when pressure is on them the upper step is squashed and not allowed to go all the way thru the frame... just fiberglass the inside of the quarters and do the bodywork on the outside to fix the ripple after you get the bushing to sit correctly in the frame.... the reason that happened is because the bushing wasnt sitting properly , it wasnt going thru the frame when you tightened it according to those pics it had no room to squeeze and sit flush on top of the frame, so as you tightened the others down it kept that one from compressing correctly, "its kinda like slamming a trunk shut with a screw driver being left in the trunk jam! not a good situation but it is fixable :cool:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts