LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it.. i see people w/ different fabrics and textures on floors.. will someone give me a little insight on HOW they do this to the floors?? sew? glue? do they put it on top of their factory carpeting? how do they get it to hold to the carpeting? someone help me out here..

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
glue it on top of the factory carpet,,,its already molded and alot easier to do,than tryin to mold crush velour or somehting...plus the carpet has a hard back,,,, ;)

make sure to use industrial strength glue,,,not eh wal-mart spray cans.....

and if u got clean carpet,,,make sure u want to do it,,,,it will be ruined if u ever change your mind

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
you can also make removable floor pans like i did...mine are 6 pieces with 3 in the back and 3 in the front..the back hump has two cupholders built into it and the front hump holds my switch box...
what i did was lay plastic down over the carpet and fiberglassed it until it was roughly 1/4'' thick...i screwed tacking strips into the edges so i had a nice area to staple to..and put some plastic trim around the edges of the floor pans so the material didnt get cut by the fiberglass....3'' foam was used for the button tufting and the floor pans are upholstered in dark green and off white ultrasuede..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts