LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
28,037 Posts
ive seen a few on these on YT decent stuff unsure if all is accurate since i havent seen them all but i dont know whoo the hell this guy is but he is certainly being generous with his time creating all this for morrons that refuse to read a little.

props

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alright guys dont tear me apart on this.. but i have a 98 lincoln town car. This car was purchased with hydros in it. I know... but i wanted something to learn on and eventually build my own. So anyway my question is where do i get replacement bushings that are on the top ears of my axle? Are they the stock bushings for lincoln or do you order them from a lowrider website? I have adjustable upper and lower arms and when ever i 3 wheel the passenger side pulls of the bushing. So i got to beat it back in. Minimal smack talk and help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
Id run swivel bushings. I run those in my cutty and it helps take a lot of stress off the pumpkin (axle) ears when locked up high or hitting a 3. I got mine from a Blackmagic Hydraulics dealer. They allow for much more articulation and will save you from consistently having to replace bushings. Welcome to the site!

·
True Lowrider
161 Posts
Id run swivel bushings. I run those in my cutty and it helps take a lot of stress off the pumpkin (axle) ears when locked up high or hitting a 3. I got mine from a Blackmagic Hydraulics dealer. They allow for much more articulation and will save you from consistently having to replace bushings. Welcome to the site!
X 2, these things work great! :werd: Black Magic also offers these swivel bushings as a weld on replacement to the standard poly bushing on their adjustable arms, they call them super pivots. I am probably gonna try them out as well. Thank's for Homies contact info Rick Dizzle, I got a hold of Mike and getting my frame done up soon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Appreciate the support guys. I don’t get on layitlow often except to post the newest videos. When I first got into lowriding so many years ago information was so limited and I wanted to help the lowriding lifestyle by helpimg them get back on the road. Lots of people get discouraged when something breaks and can’t figure it out that they sell the car or spend a fortune on unnecessary parts. Hopefully these videos will help.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Stupid question I’m sure but new to Hydraulics.... How do you adjust the speed of how fast your Hydraulics pick the car up? Flow control valve?
No valve to go up,the speed depends on how many batts you have(the more batteries you have to that pump(s) the faster it goes up) only control down via the slowdown

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,787 Posts
Whats up Russellhydros, no PMs can be sent to you?

Anyways ignore the lifes clowns that hate. I have a video out using parts no one has ever seen before, and the clowns start hating on my yard or something.

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,787 Posts
How to install Check Valves

https://youtu.be/CJsHCm6KABs
So, how many pump heads did you go through? :)

Really it is a very good video. For those that don't know when he mentions a arrow with a circle those are industrial check valves, like Parkers. Parker also makes a combo valve, I never remember which way to install these so I too use a pencil or screw driver. Combo valves are great valves, as you can open up the knob and the fluid will slowly return, when you overlock your dump or jack knife your coils/cylinder.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I have actually never broken a pump head with the check valves on backward but I did feel I needed to make that video because a guy had contacted me with a BRAND NEW setup from HiLow and he didn’t understand why it wasn’t lifting, he hit the switch and both front and back pumps just ran like they had no keys, I had him pull both motors and turns out both gears had broken off, so after looking a little further he had installed both checks backward and just kept hit the switch ?‍♂? So needless to say that was an expensive lesson learned for him. I made the video right after. The old broken pump head I had in the video was one I’ve had in a bucket for around 8 years. I’ve broken my fair share of stuff over time, that one just broke due to use believe it or not

21 - 40 of 49 Posts