LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many PSI have you da them up to and what kind of maintenance have you had to do to them?...I just got a york 210 just need the info, let me know guys thanks!

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
welcome to the club! :biggrin:

I run mine at 175..

make sure to use a SS leader hose

only maintenance, make sure intake filter stays clean, and keep the compressor full of oil..

make sure to post up pics of your mounting job!!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
My pressure switch is set around 175-180....
The oil passes with the compressed air that comes out, thats why you have to keep it full..... The closer to vertical that it is mounted, the less oil blowby. BTW..... i managed to blow a SS braided line at the crimp for the fitting with my york.(it was a leader hose off a viar that i had killed already) I think the built in check valve went bad or something. :dunno:

Rob

EDIT: You can get a coalescing filter for the oil that gets blown out of the york

Last edited by I Drag A55 at Nov 7 2003, 12:33 AM

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i am going to do a braided hose all the way to the tank, i heard the air from the york is pretty damn hot, I think that is with all compressed air

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
i run mine at 300 psi and it gets cycled about 3-4 times a day if not more. i didnt do any oil mods to this one, just slapped it on there and let it pump. i have the intake side ran with a 5/8 hose to the inside of my air cleaner so i dont ever need to mess with a filter unless my engine needs a new one. im running a stainless line all the way to the tank too. it needs to be alot bigger than somthing off of a viar, like 3/8 ID or bigger. oh yeah, i also hooked up the original a/c fast-idle selinoid to the clutch so it pumps up quicker.

·
Registered
261 Posts
maybe you should put the outlet into air cleaner.. :biggrin: :biggrin:

home made supercharger!!!! :biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts