LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a little problem! evertime i start swanging the rear end keeps on squishing down, hence losing height. any suggestions on how to give it a decent ride, but to also keep the thing stiff, when hopping?

14 batts, 4 pump, and i got 2 1/2 tons 4 turns in the back, it rides real good now but just that dam problem of it squishing :mad:

i put a 5ton 4 turn back there awhile back thinking it would be stiffer and still had the same problem hopping, just with a shittier ride

im stumped! chains maybe ??

any suggestions are appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
it does it when anyone hits the switch right? I think i told you before, just TRY a set of shocks, they don't even have to be the right collapsed/extended length. and see if the squish/rear hop goes away. If it squishs, springs too soft, sorry homie but to hop you gotta give up some luxury. If it still bounces around, than timing.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
with out anything to lock the back,the coils are still gonna bounce when you get the front off the ground. you are transfering all the weight to the rear tires which is going to compress the suspension, even with 5 tons. you need somthing like shocks or chains to lock out the suspension before the cyls max out so you can get some tension on the coils.

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
our shop 63 has 3 &1/2 ton rear coils...14 batts, 4 pumps,v-8 .....we did chian the rear .....this car hits 70+ and rides good.....i roll it every weekend i'm in town

if your runnig a slo-down ,that could be a problem too. open it up to let the car fall......that will help the turn around weight transfer ...OR SWITCH TIMING :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
could also be tire pressure too ........ slow down on the front ? havent seen anyone do that in a while , could very well be it though , good observation .....

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for looking out guys.

any pictures of a chain set up , like where the mounts should be mounted, ?

thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts