LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get a booty kit for my fleetwood. to get the top of the booty kit even with the bumper it looks like you have to cut the top part of the bumper so the back of the rim will fit. is there a better way to get it to fit

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Originally posted by wired62@Oct 12 2006, 06:04 PM~6357604
get some cutting wheels out and get to cuttin ;)
Is it the only way cause Ive seen them done like that and it holds me back from puttin mine on?Is that how you did your??

·
Banned
31 Posts
Originally posted by TwOtYme@Oct 12 2006, 05:01 PM~6357583
:roflmao:                                    wtf?
WTF must stand for Wow, That's Fast! because my bikes are the fastest around. Heres a picture of my other one (the faster of the two)

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
ive seen few cars that didnt have to cut the bumper, the big body is not one of them. cut it, youll be glad you did
just be sure your 5th is cut to fit the bumper and settin right, i see so many kits leaning waaaaaaay back like its resting on the trunk cause they didnt take the time. seen one that leaned forward too............. anyway, if your gonna do the work, make it look good

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
ive done a lot of them and they have all needed to be cut except for one that i did with a 13" rim in it. also the kit was made for a older cadi (dont know the model) for some reason it fit and looked correct on the car. most kits take a 14" rim so the smaller rim did help. :)

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Originally posted by TwOtYme@Oct 12 2006, 05:15 PM~6357683
Is it the only way cause Ive seen them done like that and it holds me back from puttin mine on?Is that how you did your??
yes,,,i had to cut a peice of mine out,,,i wanted it to look right,,,,just like Mike said......i took my time with mine,and i love the way it turned out,,,,like Mike also said,u gotta shape the bumper kit to the shape of your bumper,,,,,what i did was get a peice of cardboard,and kept cutting it,,,holding it up to bumper where the kit was gonna go against,,and keep cutting each notch or whatever until it made the cardboard sit flat the the top resembling the top of the kit,,that u want to be flat,,,not leaning forward or backwards,,,,,,and then,,,once u get the cardboard right,,,trace it on the booty kit,,and cut your notches........

·
Registered
542 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Heaven@Oct 12 2006, 07:09 PM~6358487
ive done a lot of them and they have all needed to be cut except for one that i did with a 13" rim in it. also the kit was made for a older cadi (dont know the model) for some reason it fit and looked correct on the car. most kits take a 14" rim so the smaller rim did help. :)
how much you charge to do a booty kit?

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Originally posted by TwOtYme@Oct 13 2006, 02:28 PM~6363213
fuck ....I want to my put mine on!
make ot happen
by any means necassary :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by wired62@Oct 12 2006, 09:15 PM~6358524
yes,,,i had to cut a peice of mine out,,,i wanted it to look right,,,,just like Mike said......i took my time with mine,and i love the way it turned out,,,,like Mike also said,u gotta shape the bumper kit to the shape of your bumper,,,,,what i did was get a peice of cardboard,and kept cutting it,,,holding it up to bumper where the kit was gonna go against,,and keep cutting each notch or whatever until it made the cardboard sit flat the the top resembling the top of the kit,,that u want to be flat,,,not leaning forward or backwards,,,,,,and then,,,once u get the cardboard right,,,trace it on the booty kit,,and cut your notches........
thanks im tring to find a 5th wheel now then ill cut up the bumper

1 - 15 of 15 Posts