LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 3inch lowering beams from chasis tech. Im bagging it in january and ive heard that i cant lay with these and that i need the dream beams to lay cause supposedly they get you lower. Also im wondering about notching the beams because they will hit the oil pan. Also if i get the dream beams will i have to notch them. I just need to get to the bottom of this crap. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
I hear the dream beams suck :dunno:

I havent lowered my ranger yet, only shaving stage..

But my plans are:

Front: I Beams, Shocks
Rear: Flip kit, shackel and drop blocks

Post pics of yours

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Originally posted by wesleywax@Dec 22 2003, 02:34 AM
I hear the dream beams suck :dunno:

I havent lowered my ranger yet, only shaving stage..

But my plans are:

Front: I Beams, Shocks
Rear: Flip kit, shackel and drop blocks

Post pics of yours
the main reason why dream beams suck are becuase they are round and they bend..there not a rigid solid piece..i know from doing a few ranger drops..the flip kit is the easiest part of the install,the i beams are a pain in the ass :biggrin:

·
Registered
265 Posts
dream beams suck. your also gonna have to get a lowrider tranny cross member and the radious arm(i think thats what it's called) to lay frame you can also you can notch the front frame rail for the beams

good luck

·
Registered
444 Posts
what year is it... im just wonderin

we threw on a normal drop kit, then bagged it... and it would lay frame in rear if the stinkin gas tank wasnt in the way... but yea we didnt have to notch the front, but the back is a definate, and yes get a new crossmember to lay it up front...

heres ours.

www.cardomain.com/id/90lowranger

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Originally posted by JmG@Dec 23 2003, 01:29 AM
what year is it... im just wonderin

we threw on a normal drop kit, then bagged it... and it would lay frame in rear if the stinkin gas tank wasnt in the way... but yea we didnt have to notch the front, but the back is a definate, and yes get a new crossmember to lay it up front...

heres ours.

www.cardomain.com/id/90lowranger
What drop kit?

What parts?

Cause people tell me I gotta put HUGE drop parts in before I bag it, I just wanna do something simple.

I dont want it to even lay frame, just LOW

·
Registered
931 Posts
i bagged a 92 ranger for a homie this past summer. you can see all the pictures of the install on the air bag forums at http://www.low-riders.com discussion forums

or click here :
http://www.low-forum.com/cgi-bin/forum/iko...f=3;t=4646;st=0

these pics may help you. let me just say, that if you go with a cheap ass kit like AIM you are going to have to modify everything. i mean everything ! i even had to modify the brackets that were supposed to simply weld to the frame. the shock holes wernt in the right place, they make no consideration for brake lines, etc.....

·
Registered
444 Posts
i couldnt tell ya what kit it was... dude paid way too much for it though, but umm it was a 3/4 drop, and then we went with the fbi fast bag kit cause he got it cheap...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Originally posted by loco@Dec 23 2003, 07:10 PM

let me just say, that if you go with a cheap ass kit like AIM you are going to have to modify everything. i mean everything !
Damn, sounds like someone doesnt like a certain company. And you knnow whats funny, Aim is like 8 different company also. Aim, chassis tech, Ricky Racer, truckin suspension, hot honda cars, and there are a bunch more but i cant remember right now.

Hey, have you known anyone to have any probs with the control arms that aim/chassis tech sell?

Just wonderin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts