LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k when i start it i gotta keep my foot on the gas so it stays on...after like 20-30 sec i can let go and drive it..but if i just try to start it it will turn on but then turn off.

second it makes a fucked up noise when it turns...like in the beginin when starting the turn sounds like something hittin something ....not sure like REEEEEEEEEEEEE and then it calms down....and now i think the fan is hittin something cuz it sounds like its hittin something lol...

1983 ford bronco staight 6 engine

·
Registered
107 Posts
The having to wait for the 20-30 before you can drive, might be something to do with the choke, not sure and really hard to tell without being there.

The noise sounds to me like it is out of power steering fluid, which would make the loud REEEEEEEEEEEEE sound you describe.

And lastly, Just start the thing and when it will sit and idle, get out and watch the fan to see if it wobbles enough to hit something.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Dvlshtndcy@Aug 20 2003, 12:45 AM
The having to wait for the 20-30 before you can drive, might be something to do with the choke, not sure and really hard to tell without being there.

The noise sounds to me like it is out of power steering fluid, which would make the loud REEEEEEEEEEEEE sound you describe.

And lastly, Just start the thing and when it will sit and idle, get out and watch the fan to see if it wobbles enough to hit something.
the guy who owned it before added a second fuel filter in the front to see whas goin on he said.. do u think it could be not gettin anuff fuel?

the power steerin would make since...it makes a shit load of noise turnin lol like its about to fall apart lol

i tried to watch the fan and it didnt look like it was hittin anything...maybe the fan cover if anything..

thanks

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
The keeping your foot on during the first starting, sounds like a carb problem and or the choke. Is it a carb or EFI? The bad noise during starting sounds like the starter is sticking or something, but its hard to tell on here.

·
Registered
28,023 Posts
its a ford, wtf do you expect :(

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
my car is doing the same thing with the squeeking noise when you turn the wheel when starting out...my buddy(who is a mechanic) said that its either outta power steering fluid or the pump is bad..could be a belt too.. ;)

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could be the belt...would explain the noise i hear that sounds like the fan hittin something could be a peice of the belt hittin something...

thanks guys ill check this all out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts