LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up what looks to be a decent air lift kit online with the following:

The kit included everthing listed below.

8 - GC Xtreme 350 1/2" Valves
4 - 1/2" Port 'Slam Specialties' Air Bags
2 - Viair 480 200 PSI Compressors
1 - Viair 110-145 Pressure Switch
1 - 5 Gallon 4 (1/2") Port Air Tank
50' 1/2" DOT Air Line
1 - Hand Held 7 Switch Rocker Box Chrome
All Necessary Push Connect & Brass Threaded Fittings
Front Bag Brackets
Rear Bag Brackets
Front Shock Relocators

But the morei i read, the more extras i think i need. Watertrap, steel-braided leader hose, checkvalves, relays etc. Can anyone please help me complete this kit? I know theres things i need that arent included.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
The check valves and steel braided leader SHOULD already be on the pumps. If they are selling you a ViAir dual pack it comes with relays and pressure switches in it. Yes I would recommend you get a Watertrap. You may want to look into a compressor wiring kit unless you want to get your own wires and inline fuses. Other then that it looks like the kit is very complete.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Originally posted by 58 Del-pala@Nov 19 2008, 07:27 AM~12199045
The check valves and steel braided leader SHOULD already be on the pumps. If they are selling you a ViAir dual pack it comes with relays and pressure switches in it. Yes I would recommend you get a Watertrap. You may want to look into a compressor wiring kit unless you want to get your own wires and inline fuses. Other then that it looks like the kit is very complete.
x2, thats what my kit came with, comes with a 165-200 psi pressure switch and a pair of relays

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Originally posted by wecankillit@Nov 19 2008, 03:23 PM~12202117
should i upgrade the pressure switch to a 200psi? and what type of relays do you use?

thanks
the 2 that came in my pack are 40 amp relays but im not even usin em for my compressors since i got a square D adjustable pressure switch which eliminates the need for relays. as far as ur pressure switch, thats just personal preference. but keep in mind that your compressors work much harder to go from 165-200 then they would going from say 100 to 150 ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, are guages necessary anwhere? Do i necessarily need to know the pressure in each bag?

side note - Hey 59, its good to see someone else in the camp lejeune area.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by wecankillit@Nov 19 2008, 02:21 PM~12202557
Also, are  guages necessary anwhere? Do i necessarily need to know the pressure in each bag?

side note - Hey 59, its good to see someone else in the camp lejeune area.

sorry, meent 58(del-pala)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
You should have atleast 1 guage on the tank. As for the air in the bags, not really important unless you want the exact same pressure every time you cruise.

I just have 1 guage for the tank and thats it.

Good to see you from NC too. Let me know if you need any help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, it looks like the last thing i need is the compressor wiring. Can I piece it together easily or is there a kit i can buy?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts