LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever install em like this. Need to know how will I make it all fit if I keep the Center Brake light

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Nov 5 2003, 06:31 PM
why does everyone want to put 4 6x9s in there rear deck???? theres no reason for it put a comp set and youll get better sound production and imaging......
what!?! didnt you hear?? if you break the tweeter off a 6x9 its just as good as having a 8 inch sub!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 77monte4pumps+Nov 5 2003, 11:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (77monte4pumps @ Nov 5 2003, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--FlipFlopBox@Nov 5 2003, 06:31 PM
why does everyone want to put 4 6x9s in there rear deck???? theres no reason for it put a comp set and youll get better sound production and imaging......
what!?! didnt you hear?? if you break the tweeter off a 6x9 its just as good as having a 8 inch sub![/b][/quote]
Dont go tellin all the kraco secrets

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
im sure ive seen it done, but with no 3rd light. it would be a tight fit with 4 6x6s with the 3rd light.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
if you mount them from the bottom the light shouldn't have any effect!

·
Registered
970 Posts
I HAD A MONTE LS 87,,,,SAME SETUP..I HAD 4 6X9'S AND MY BRAKE LIGHT...YOU GONNA HAVE TO MAKE A 1/2 INCH BOARD TO REPLACE YOUR REAR DECK U CAN USE YOUR OLD DECK AND TRACE IT ON TO WOOD...MARK YOUR LIGHT POSITION ,MARK YOUR 6X9 CUTOUTSAND CUT THE METAL UNDER THE DECK TO LET YOUR SPEAKERS PASS THREWAND SCREW IT ALL TOGETHER....AND 4 6X9 DO BANG

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
I agree with kapton. Those rear decks were made for 4x10" speakers. They are very narrow and you dont really have the space to put the 6x9's. I've seen alot of g-bodies with tha type of setup in the rear deck and they all had to extend the rear deck somehow.

If I were you I would probably get the 4x10 -> 6x9 adapter and add a set of 6.5" 2-ways or components for the rear quaters....just my $.02

·
F U L L T I M E R
2,397 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Dec 18 2003, 11:23 PM
if you mount them from the bottom the light shouldn't have any effect!
I agree with timdog57 ~> I have an 88 montecarlow super sport and we installed 4-6x9's it sound's realy good in my opinion I would recommend it if your thinking of doing it ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
i got four 6x9's in the back or my regal, and yes you gotta make a board to replace the og deck, sounds really good

Last edited by KILO at Jan 24 2004, 01:02 PM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts