LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 85 Brougham Coupe and decided to do air instead of juice becuase of how clean the trunk is. My question is how much re-enforcing do I have to do with a basic setup. Just FBSS no hopping or dancing. Is it just like doing a juiced car.

DVS

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Dec 2 2003, 01:35 PM
ya, you should be fine for a regular street car, as long as the frame is in good shape..
Thanks, This car is in mint condition. It belonged to an old millionaire that never really used it.

Last edited by Just2dvs at Dec 2 2003, 01:46 PM

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Yes, it's just like juicing the thing. If all you want is basic moves then there's no need for reinforcing it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
even if you wanted to hop with bags you still wouldnt have to reinforce anything i hopped my d-50 twenty inches and didnt mess up a thing no reinforfcement either.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Day Day@Dec 3 2003, 03:51 PM
even if you wanted to hop with bags you still wouldnt have to reinforce anything i hopped my d-50 twenty inches and didnt mess up a thing no reinforfcement either.
but it should still have some

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Dec 3 2003, 07:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Dec 3 2003, 07:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Day Day@Dec 3 2003, 03:51 PM
even if you wanted to hop with bags you still wouldnt have to reinforce anything i hopped my d-50  twenty inches and didnt mess up a thing no reinforfcement either.
but it should still have some[/b][/quote]
Ditto. My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Originally posted by DusterNut@Dec 3 2003, 10:41 PM
if you dont hop it then youll be fine. the frame on my 79 lincoln was cracking, but i have 300 psi and it leaves the ground everyday.
Is that your car in your avatar? It looks really cool. Can you post a larger picture, or have you got a Cardomain page?

I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of it!

:cool:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by M-827+Dec 3 2003, 09:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (M-827 @ Dec 3 2003, 09:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--DusterNut@Dec 3 2003, 10:41 PM
if you dont hop it then youll be fine. the frame on my 79 lincoln was cracking, but i have 300 psi and it leaves the ground everyday.
Is that your car in your avatar? It looks really cool. Can you post a larger picture, or have you got a Cardomain page?

I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of it!

:cool:[/b][/quote]

·
Registered
86 Posts
um guys i have soemthing to say that no one mentioned

That is smoothen out the spring perch so the metal suface of the spring perch is nice and soft and not sharp.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by hydros2004@Dec 7 2003, 04:25 PM
um guys i have soemthing to say that no one mentioned

That is smoothen out the spring perch so the metal suface of the spring perch is nice and soft and not sharp.
hey fag.
what the fuck are you talking about?

stupid ass

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I have a question. :biggrin: Now this has to be looked at from my angle because Im poor, and when my sig. says stock experimentation at its finest its not cause I want to be, its cause thats what I have to work with. But, IF I were to do a juice setup, or an air setup, on my '87 Continental (which is a unibody) and I hopped it say 3-5 inches every couple of days, what kind of risk would I be running? with an air setup? with a juice setup?

And i know reinforcements are a great idea, and I really wish I could afford to reinforce, but the fact is I cant, so I need to know what COULD happen with given scenario...

Last edited by Bagged_Conti at Dec 19 2003, 03:16 AM

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Im sure nothing good would come of it, but I am wanting to know what type of things would most likely happen, and if one or the othewr system (bags vs. juice) would be "less" damaging. I just need to know if we are talking ball joints or folding the roof...

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by Bagged_Conti@Dec 20 2003, 05:01 AM
Im sure nothing good would come of it, but I am wanting to know what type of things would most likely happen, and if one or the othewr system (bags vs. juice) would be "less" damaging. I just need to know if we are talking ball joints or folding the roof...
DO NOT HOP. dont put that kinda strain on the car...the car will start to fall apart, unibodys have the problems with the doors not shutting because the car gets bent out of shape. just dont do it...its an even better reson if your poor because you can not spend money on a new ride after you destroy this one

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Well heres the trick. The car has factory air ride, and it also has huge soft rubber bump stops. Now I drive this car laid all the time, and it looks awsome. But what I figured out is that if I timed pumping the brakes right, I could hop the front wheels up to 3 inches from the ground. I realize most people wont understand this as I dont completely myself. The closest I can figure is the large soft bump stops keep the car bouncing. It sounds lame but this is me and i dont have the cash to do much of shit, and it looks convincing. So thats why I was wondering if another two inches on top of what im doing here would hurt. because I did this all summer long, and still have not found any problems.

BTW: im hoping to film me doing this for some proof, alot of people just dont believe me...

Last edited by Bagged_Conti at Dec 20 2003, 12:35 PM

1 - 20 of 27 Posts