LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna sit 3 in my hearse. frame already has what looks like maybe 1/4" or less plates on the outer on the rear arches from either factory or whoever orginally did the bags but from rust wise i wanna say factory. has 1 crossmember in the middle of the car. What else should be reinforced and where should i add more crossmembers at. frame is stock caddy fleetwood streched a little in the middle of it. when i get the money i'm cutting out rear spring arches and doing my own bag mounts and bridge so i can do a chain setup - yes it's bags- :uh:

G

·
if your gonna sit on 3 in that your gonna need some really good reinforcments with it being stretched and all

G

·
Originally posted by hearseballa@Oct 8 2006, 07:30 PM~6330129
like more enforcements in the arches and ?
if the frame has been cut in half a stretched were thats done is gonna be the weakeast part of the frame when 3 wheelin maybe we can meet up again this weekend and i will check it out for ya

·
Registered
899 Posts
enforce the shit outa it

·
Registered
910 Posts
re :roflmao:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I would do a full wrap, and add gussets whenever possible. I made a bolt in support on my 59 that connects the "x" around 2 feet further forward than where the X meets, and its 2'x2' and 1/4" thick....basically like a bolt in skid plate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts