LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Empire Customs helps ease the difficulties in "do it yourself" frame reinforcing by offering full, and partial frame reinforcement kits. CNC cut to specific sizes and shaped for ease in mounting. index's cut in for hard to bend areas, to make it easier to shape

kits start at
1150.00 for full frame kits front to back all 4 sides in all 3/16" or 3/16" for the front section and 1/4" in the rear section

1300.00 for full frame kits in all 1/4" steel

and 1500.00 for either 3/16" or 1/4" for the front section, and 3/8" for the rear ( for you hoppers out there)

all our partial frame kits are 450.00 in 3/16" or 1/4" steel

we also offer misc plates and parts for those of you that may already have parts done and need to just button up a few other areas.

heres are some examples of our frame plate kits, and how well they install....

any questions feel free to PM me or hit us up at the shop here at (520) 888-7639

·
Registered
233 Posts
FINALLY!! somebody offering something useful, and not charging a arm and a leg!!! :biggrin: I need a partial Kit for my 80 coupe please pm me asap... is that price shipped? If not how much to 46403? :cool:

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by BigTay@May 28 2009, 12:17 PM~14026618
FINALLY!! somebody offering something useful, and not charging a arm and a leg!!! :biggrin: I need a partial Kit for my 80 coupe please pm me asap... is that price shipped? If not how much to 46403?  :cool:

Pm'd

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just to show u guys how easy these kits make things ;)

this is on a 95 caddy fleetwood. were going to reinforce the upper perch and side frame sides step by step.....

here is a stock driver side wheel opening, start by pulling off the wheel...

3/8" allen head socket to pull of the brake calipers....

13 MM socket to unbolt brake line retainer bracket....

pull the caliper off and up out of your way

13MM socket again to disconnect the ABS line bracket.....

9/16 to disconnect the front sway bar end links...

9/16 to remove shock top bolt...

9/16 as well on the lower two bolts,... pull out the shock...

remove upper cotterpin....

7/8 to remove upper balljoint castle nut....

pop upper balljoint loose with pickle fork, carefully, being careful not to get hit by anything, cuz this WILL pop with some force....

using a pry bar, hook under the bottom of the coil and pop spring out, at this point there isnt much tension on the coil. there is a lil, but not much,.. be still be cautious during this part.....

since this is the area were going to be working on,.. this factory sealer, and accumulated dirt and grease needs to be cleaned off.....

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok,.. now that the frame is cleaned and ready to have work performed to it, mark the top of the perch (as shown) so that this part can be cut and folded down for added strength.....

hammer the one side down flush with frame....

mark that same piece, for an additional cutout,.. so u can fold the other side down to meat it, without overlapping. u want them to meet flush against eachother, but have a lil gap for a solid penetrating weld.....

now fold the other side over...

mark and trim off the acces from the top bracket...

and weld it up.....

now lets start adding the first upper perch plate....

and the rear one,....

ok,.. now were gonna move into the full frame plate side. if u notice,.. we cut index's in to help make these difficult bends easier on you,....

using either a set of adjustable strong arms,.. or a c clamp, portapower c lamp (which ever u prefer),. set the plate against the frame and tighten up the plates. you will find that the plates will start to form themselves to the shape of the frame. helped by the index cuts. it may be easier to do a lil "prebending" in a bench vise to hurry this process along

tack it into place, and weld er up!

and grind or clean up what u want and ur finished with a front side frame partial reinforcement!

·
Registered
443 Posts
(ON A BUDGET) WHATS THE BEST YOU CAN DO FOR A 65 IMPALA KIT CASH ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY? (WHEN A CHECK I DEPOSITED CLEARS) IM IN MESA, I CAN GO PICK IT UP. AND HOW MUCH FOR INSTALLATION? I CAN TAKE THE BARE FRAME TO YOU TOO? NOT TO HOP ALL CRAZY JUST A LITTLE AND TO 3 WHEEL :dunno:

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ESE CALI@May 28 2009, 01:36 PM~14027500
(ON A BUDGET)  WHATS THE BEST YOU CAN DO FOR A 65 IMPALA KIT CASH ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY? (WHEN A CHECK I DEPOSITED CLEARS) IM IN MESA, I CAN GO PICK IT UP. AND HOW MUCH FOR INSTALLATION? I CAN TAKE THE BARE FRAME TO YOU TOO? NOT TO HOP ALL CRAZY JUST A LITTLE AND TO 3 WHEEL :dunno:

pm sent

·
KICK ROCKS
14,345 Posts
what does the partial to the x frame look like

·
Registered
977 Posts
wow, you guys have got it down.

it is nice to see something that is an absolute must for juiced rides, and isn't so expensive that you would rather risk breaking the car than strap it. it allows the hands on guys the ability to do this work. paying a guy to make the templates, dissassemble the car and then go cut the templates with a oxy tank, is messy as hell,at least with the CNC machine it's bang on.

congrats on a great offering to the public.

if shipping wasn't so damn much to canada i would get a kit for my 63 impala.

very, very cool. keep up the great work.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Originally posted by EMPIRE CUSTOMS@May 27 2009, 04:55 PM~14016514
Empire Customs helps ease the difficulties in "do it yourself" frame reinforcing by offering full, and partial frame reinforcement kits. CNC cut to specific sizes and shaped for ease in mounting. index's cut in for hard to bend areas, to make it easier to shape

kits start at
1150.00 for full frame kits front to back all 4 sides in all 3/16" or 3/16" for the front section and 1/4" in the rear section

1300.00 for full frame kits in all 1/4" steel

and 1500.00 for either 3/16" or 1/4" for the front section, and 3/8" for the rear ( for you hoppers out there)

all our partial frame kits are 450.00 in 3/16" or 1/4" steel

we also offer misc plates and parts for those of you that may already have parts done and need to just button up a few other areas.

heres are some examples of our frame plate kits, and how well they install....

any questions feel free to PM me or hit us up at the shop here at (520) 888-7639

:0 Weren't you selling partial kits on ebay at one point also? Anyways need a decent quote on a full and partial frame kit for a G-body Monte Carlo LS shipped to 28401

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by MonteCarloLS910@May 29 2009, 06:54 AM~14034840
:0  Weren't you selling partial kits on ebay at one point also?  Anyways need a decent quote on a full and partial frame kit for a G-body Monte Carlo LS shipped to 28401
no that was not us, that was another company in Bakersfield

PM sent

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by modelmangler@May 29 2009, 06:24 AM~14034717
wow, you guys have got it down.

it is nice to see something that is an absolute must for juiced rides, and isn't so expensive that you would rather risk breaking the car than strap it. it allows the hands on guys the ability to do this work. paying a guy to make the templates, dissassemble the car and then go cut the templates with a oxy tank, is messy as hell,at least with the CNC machine it's bang on.

congrats on a great offering to the public.

if shipping wasn't so damn much to canada i would get a kit for my 63 impala.
very, very cool. keep up the great work.

thank you very much for the props, its nice to hear someone who really appreciates and understands what were trying to do for everyone :thumbsup:

btw,.. shipping aint so bad to Canada,.. i do it everyday ;)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
About this Discussion
91 Replies
42 Participants
67cruzer
LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums
LayItLow forum is an online community for true Lowriders. Come in and discuss hydraulics, air ride tech tips and all the information you need for dropping your lowrider.
Full Forum Listing