LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up ? Im new to lay it low and i got a question. I got a 87 cutlass with three pumps and 8 batteries. My cutlass has t- tops in it. Do i need to do a full frame wrap to do a standing three wheelAny comments will help. Thanks.
?

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Yeah its recommended to do it atleast 3/16in or 1/4in. But if not the best you can do is rear arches and side rails and front end. Years ago with my cut I had the same set up and me passenger front corner windshield cracked. So yeah its kinda recommended.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by marlan1@Jan 12 2009, 02:11 PM~12680461
Whats up ?  Im new to lay it low and i got a question.  I got a 87 cutlass with three pumps and 8 batteries.  My cutlass has t- tops in it.  Do i need to do a full frame wrap to do a standing three wheelAny comments will help. Thanks.
?

i would personally tell you yes to get the frame wrapped and not just cuz its always what you should do...but most importantly becuz its a T top...a lot of the cars strength comes from the room..youre already at a slightly disavantage cuz you have the T tops.. at u dont ge the whole frame done i would atleast do ur arches, front spring pockets but also as important as the arches, that you box in ur frame rails and plate the outside of them..that will help keep the frame from twisting and flexing when ur doing a 3

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
rap that bitch up especialy as its a t top or it will break and it ould be a shame to see a t top get killed

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Jan 12 2009, 05:04 PM~12681899
rap that bitch up especialy as its a t top or it will break and it ould be a shame to see a t top get killed
T-top and verts

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
When u mean box the rails, do you mean box tube under the doors.? Wat up stevie!

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
oh and just a lil food for thought for ya... go take a look at the very back top corner of the window section on the car...look at the metal...its usually cracked right there and thats on a full roof car where as urs is half missing... thats if the trim isnt covering it up though...and if its not now..it will be...and that just goes to show you what kind of affect hydraulics just have on the body at those points...they always crack there..mine did...my homies did...

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by Hannibal Lector@Jan 12 2009, 05:08 PM~12681946
When u mean box the rails, do you mean box tube under the doors.? Wat up stevie!

if u looks under the car at teh frame..you see its exposed...looks like a 'C' so what u do is get some plate thats 4 inches wide and 1/4 thick and u close the 'C' up so that now its a box...keeps the frame from flexing and twisting...in the pic u can see i outline it in green..on the frame thats open for the hardlines of the brakes and gas line are bolted into on both sides....we plated over it to close it off making it stronger

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by 79 coupe@Feb 19 2009, 02:08 PM~13050551
Three wheeling is a passion, will I mess my car up by not having it wrapped...I dont do standing three...?

I honestly got tired of tearing up sidewall from corner 3s, and try to only do them sittin still now,but I did turning 3s for a looong time in a v8 cutlass with just the rear plated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts