LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Canadian X-Frame from a 64 Impala that i want to have the stress points wrapped on. What's the average cost? Also, Can someone tell me all the major stress points on that frame? THANX IN ADVANCE.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Don't waste your money on a stress point because all you are doing is asking for problems down the road, do it right the first time then forget about it. Every area you wrap puts stress on the areas that are not. Just get the whole frame wrapped bro. :biggrin: Eric.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Call Brent at Pitbull Hydraulics. He will be able to help ya out.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Originally posted by 85REGAL@Sep 4 2005, 05:13 AM~3747548
Don't waste your money on a stress point because all you are doing is asking for problems down the road, do it right the first time then forget about it.  Every area you wrap puts stress on the areas that are not.  Just get the whole frame wrapped bro. :biggrin: Eric.
spoken like a pro ! would be wasting his money .....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Originally posted by 85REGAL@Sep 3 2005, 08:13 PM~3747548
Don't waste your money on a stress point because all you are doing is asking for problems down the road, do it right the first time then forget about it.  Every area you wrap puts stress on the areas that are not.  Just get the whole frame wrapped bro. :biggrin: Eric.
WOULD U SAY THAT FOR ALL FRAMES?????????????????????????

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
pretty much so ^^^^

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by PITBULL@Sep 3 2005, 09:03 PM~3747860
spoken like a pro ! would be wasting his money .....
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
a canadian frame is already boxxed the full length, right? then plating it the full length would be nearly as easy as doing sections only.assuming whoevers welding doesnt mind taking his time

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Well before you go and spend 3G's on a Complete full frame wrap, what are you trying to do. Just street ride, or Competition hop. It does make a difference.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
if the frame is out of the car , why half step :dunno: ..... if your KEEPING the car and plan on doing ANY hopping , the whole thing is the way to go , cause if you dont , youll have problems later ....ive seen and heard it a millon times .. its the backbone of the car ....... dont break its back .........

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by PITBULL@Sep 4 2005, 01:51 PM~3750308
if the frame is out of the car , why half step :dunno: ..... if your KEEPING the car and plan on doing ANY  hopping , the whole thing is the way to go , cause if you dont , youll have problems later ....ive seen and heard it a millon times .. its the backbone of the car ....... dont break its back .........
Cause that shit is hella expensive. Especially with the price of Metal skyrocketing like gas. It can get very expensive. If the person was just cruising the streets, with a little play sometimes then there is not need to spend all the money on a full frame wrap. Just my.02. I feel ya though.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Yeah but you know how people are..."I wont 3 wheel it or hop it" but they end up doing it anyways next thing they know there doors have big gaps windsheild leaking cause the frame is tweaked..Do it right the first time...

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Yeah there is no need in doing a "stress point" reinforcement. Everything you dont reinforce becomes twice as weak as it was before. Creating NEW Stress Points. Do it right. You'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Originally posted by Bumper Chippin 88@Sep 4 2005, 09:11 PM~3750414
Yeah but you know how people are..."I wont 3 wheel it or hop it" but they end up doing it anyways next thing they know there doors have big gaps windsheild leaking cause the frame is tweaked..Do it right the first time...
exactly ! you know what im talkin bout...............increases the value of the car also ........

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by PITBULL@Sep 4 2005, 09:29 PM~3751960
exactly ! you know what im talkin bout...............increases the value of the car also ........

I know what you are talking about because we just talked about it. :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
I hear theres a guy named ummm larry in a car club called lowlevel thats pretty good............lol

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 4 2005, 01:31 PM~3750192
Well before you go and spend 3G's on a Complete full frame wrap, what are you trying to do.  Just street ride, or Competition hop.  It does make a difference.
Damn, i guess i better take the wrapped, molded, candy, flaked, patterend Pitbull frame off my rag. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts