LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am going to install a two pump for dump system that goes front back and side to side its gone have 4 switchs so wat parts of the frame should i renforce and how

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
construct a rool cage for it otherwise box in any part of it that is c channel. for serious hopping take the body off wrap the entire frame 1/4'' steel on the sides, 3/16'' steel on the top and bottom , 1/4'' all the way around the belly . weld in a piece of 7'' heavy c channel across the rear section as a bridge for the rear .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
what kind of car or truck you plan on building first of all , it makes all the differance in the world

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
i would take off the rear spring perches and put in the channel bridge ( crossmember) and box in any of the frame rails that are c channel reinforce the a arms in front . run a tubing brace in back of the radiator. Just go all out on it though youll be much happyer with out buckled quarters and lots of other things

Attachments

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Aug 7 2005, 02:40 PM~3556937
i would take off the rear spring perches and put in the channel bridge ( crossmember)  and box in any of the frame rails that are c channel  reinforce the a arms in front  . run a  tubing brace in back of the radiator.  Just go all out on it though youll be much happyer with out buckled quarters and lots of other things

ok do i have to put in the channel bridge, and anything else i cant under stand, heres a pic for it from prohopper wich of this do i have to do

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you really have to do this if its only gone go up down and side to side it aint gone hop three wheel or anything it is just gone go up and dump side ways

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok will i be ok if i do this, renforce the cross member with 1/4 inch thick steel, do the same thing to the upper a arms, box the frame from the back axel to the end of the trunck, run a tubing brace in back of the radiator. and do i have to renforce the lower a arms. please help

·
KTownSwangin
8,664 Posts
The frame you posted up is an x-frame found on 60's impalas,your cadillac has a perimeter frame which kinda looks more square than the one you posted.For you to put your setup in your car you dont need to re-inforce anything if you choose not to.....but it could cause problems down the road from all the pulling and jerking of the car from the juice,its all on you to what you want to do,Id say read as much as you can and figure it out for yoruself what you want to do.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanks for advice would you say i will be ok if i do this if not what else than this do you recmmend to do, renforce the cross member with 1/4 inch thick steel, do the same thing to the upper a arms, box the frame from the back axel to the end of the trunck, run a tubing brace in back of the radiator. and do i have to renforce the lower a arms. please help

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
box the c sections. from the front to back , any open channel'ed frame

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Aug 7 2005, 03:47 PM~3557162
box the c sections.  from the front to back , any open channel'ed frame
ok thanks a lot, by c sections you mean any open channel'ed frame right ok thanks

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If you dont hop then dont bother. just atleast wrap or box in the c channel sections . If you 3 wheel it you will definetely bend your frame. break body mounts , buckle quarters etc. If you dont plan on 3 wheeling, hopping, side to side. then dont do anything at all just install your setup. at this point you might as well get bags then

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hate bags and if i do a rolling three whell wat do i have to do, do i have to enforce the axel, what size cylinders do i need, will 8s in the front 10s in the back work? will 24v volts pop the three wheel or do i have to add more batts. Please help and thanks

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hate bags and if i do a rolling three whell wat do i have to do, do i have to enforce the axel, what size cylinders do i need, will 8s in the front 10s in the back work? will 24v volts pop the three wheel or do i have to add more batts. Please help and thanks

1 - 20 of 43 Posts