LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
it isnt the speed of movement that wrecks frame (persay) But when you hop or power 3 thats what kills an unreinforced frame. Unless you plan on hopping on your air (power 3s are impossible) then u wont need reinforcment.

NOTE: You can three wheel on air, but only a rolling three and therefore the lateral force which tips the car into a 3, takes enough stress away from the frame that you dont need to reinforce, you can even roll 3 on a subframe.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have cracked a control arm hopping but thats cause i was running chains, power 3 would actually be possible, i dont see why you couldnt do it, just a matter of getting enough lift out of the bag.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
you could do it couldn't hurt when i took the frame off the bomb i noticed that it was a little twisted but that year frame was a little thin it wouldn't hurt to box your frame lets say if the frame is a long c channel plate the open side
bodies do buckle up also it would help if you wanna do it it won't be a waist of $$$$$

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
like they said... hopping hurts it, and standing 3's are bad for a frame also..

I did not do any reinforcing on mine, but I do plan on boxing the rear arms and beefing up the front upper control arm mounts a little bit..

call it cheap insurance..

6 batteries at about 50 pounds each, doesnt seem that heavy really, as long as the rack is attached to the frame, and not the trunk floor..

·
Registered
91 Posts
ITs a combination of the extra weight and the force hydraulics put out i think, afterall airbags are soft and add cushioning even at high air pressures, they are never really solid, where hydros are pretty solid, the only give is in the springs but when they are locked up and the coils are completely compressed all the stress goes right on the suspension/frame.

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by shorty 2low+Aug 25 2003, 10:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shorty 2low @ Aug 25 2003, 10:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh@Aug 26 2003, 08:02 AM
like they said... hopping hurts it, and standing 3's are bad for a frame also..

I did not do any reinforcing on mine, but I do plan on boxing the rear arms and beefing up the front upper control arm mounts a little bit..

call it cheap insurance..

6 batteries at about 50 pounds each, doesnt seem that heavy really, as long as the rack is attached to the frame, and not the trunk floor..
300 pound plus pumps..what a pump weight ? 25-30 pounds?[/b][/quote]
easily :cool:Just Bag it already!

Last edited by SIXONEFORLIFE at Aug 26 2003, 02:15 AM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts