LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 79 caprice 2 door and im gonna do a full wrap on it. setup plans r 3 pumps, 12 inch coilovers in the back, wanna do 8 batts but will probably end up with 6, chainbridge, etc.... i wanna do front back side to side and standin 3. not gonna be a hopper but probly will hop it occasionally. what i need to know is would it be ok with everything i have listed if i do the whole frame in 3/16? ive heard a lot of ppl say 1/4 is overkill and im not buildin a competition car, just a street car so nothin crazy........ any and all advice is appreciated. and yes i did a search but im not on here 24/7 so i dont have time to look through 357 pages...........

·
over it
6,640 Posts
I would go with 1/4" if you plan on doing a lot of standing 3. You might be able to get away with 3/16" on the top and bottom and 1/4" on the sides but if it doesn't work your going to end up with some buckled 1/4 panels. Its also very important that the fittment of the plates to your frame be as tigh as possible and all welds are done properly or you will still end up with problems down the road. I've been seeing a lot of bullshit work lately on "wraped" cars. Another good thing to do is cross brace the frame rails in as many places as possible with tubing to help keep frame twist to a minimum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts