LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, I have a 93 sonoma, and need to reinforce the frame. Should I just box the open side with 1/4" or should I wrap the whole frame in 1/4". I will not be hopping, just daily driving and some 3 wheeling. Just gonna have ten batteries and 4 pumps from the axle back.
Any info would be much appreciated.
Dave

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by BMYNBR@Oct 3 2007, 03:14 PM~8924582
I was just wondering, I have a 93 sonoma, and need to reinforce the frame.  Should I just box the open side with 1/4" or should I wrap the whole frame in 1/4".  I will not be hopping, just daily driving and some 3 wheeling.  Just gonna have ten batteries and 4 pumps from the axle back.
Any info would be much appreciated.
Dave
he said JUST ten batts :0

i would close the opened side with 3/16,then wrap the entire frame with 1/4

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but do you think that I need to do a full wrap. What if I just did the sides, cause I don't really want to lift off the body, and don't want my frame to be any lower than it allready is. But if I need to, I will.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
i would do a full frame wrap if i were you :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
its the right way,but if you intend to cruise and not hop,you could get away with stress points,like rear arches , front crossmember and spring pockets up front...and i would close the side of the frame up for sure

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that is what I am going to do then. The inner, and the outer, not the top and bottom though. For the spring pockets, should I do it on the top or bottom of the frame?
Don't think that I have any other questions.
Thanks, Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts