LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you need to take all the wires and dash out to take the body of the frame and also does the motor need to be out

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
why would you take the dash out? you need to take off bodymount bolts (duh) most of the time the gas tank,bumpers,also help to take the front clip off.wire harness.humm oh yea steering column.I would take the motor out to work easier too

·
7,431 Posts
You don't have to take the motor and tranny out to take the body off the frame. You have to disconnect all the wires going to the body from them, but you don't have to remove them.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by OGJordan@Aug 1 2005, 09:09 AM
You don't have to take the motor and tranny out to take the body off the frame.  You have to disconnect all the wires going to the body from them, but you don't have to remove them.
[snapback]3519991[/snapback]​
taking everything off makes the job much easier,also if your going to reinforce your going to want to wrap the crossmember.

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by OGJordan@Aug 1 2005, 09:09 AM
You don't have to take the motor and tranny out to take the body off the frame.  You have to disconnect all the wires going to the body from them, but you don't have to remove them.
[snapback]3519991[/snapback]​
yes, that comes with the territory

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
you can start by removing the body mount bolts, front fenders (front clip), and disconnect the brake lines from the master cylinder. then any other wires. also dont forget the shifting link that connect the column to the tranny. you can remove the motor and tranny when the body is off. it's much easier.

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Why would you take the doghouse off?

I just had my shit painted! Is it necessary?

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by NaptownSwangin@Aug 2 2005, 03:42 PM
Why would you take the doghouse off?

I just had my shit painted! Is it necessary?
[snapback]3529449[/snapback]​
depends on the car,you would still need to take the hood off,and fenders too

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i want to reinforce my frame and get it painted after that cuz i will be getting air ride soon when my body work is done

1 - 13 of 13 Posts