LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my question says it all because i have a limo and my frame is boxed but i am wonderng if the normal lincs are boxed too, or is my car just reinfrorced and do u think this reinforce ment could handle a rolling 3? cause it is boxed in 1/4 th in steel thanks :confused: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
you know how torque is duplicated?

if you put like, 10 pounds of force on the end of a 1-foot wrench to a tight bolt, the torque is 10 pound foot. but if you gave the same force to a 2 foot wrench it is now 20pound-foot. your doubling the force on the car, so all in all it will be some good pressure on it.
i did that because your car is a limo, and when that front end is out there that far in the air with the weight of its self and the engine baring down, will be alot of force.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok ok, thats hella true i geuss i should just never theree wheel it, it is hella fun i have doen it before on my limo but i wont anymore, what about when i hit up the switch it hopps like 4 inches on the first hit... will that damage anything?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mark, do u think there is any way i could reinforce it with out pullin the body off the frame and make it so it can do a rolling 3 and not damage my frame cause i worked to hard to buy my car to breakit.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Aug 25 2005, 07:12 PM~3693172
ok ok, thats hella true i geuss i should just never theree wheel it, it is hella fun i have doen it before on my limo but i wont anymore, what about when i hit up the switch it hopps like 4 inches on the first hit...  will that damage anything?
just wondering, how many volts your running :cheesy: i wanna see pics.
i would belive there is stress being aplided to it. its a long ass car, and i would imagin it has lots of flex, and could easly hurt its self. why dont you do some stress point stuff. wrap up the a-arm mounts and spring pockets, a-arms, i would feel the lower would be the most stress, and cross member........ you know what....i dont feel this car will last to long with out alot of reinfocement. cross member center section. well, it wont last if you abuse it.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Aug 25 2005, 07:45 PM~3693425
mark, do u think there is any way i could reinforce it with out pullin the body off the frame and make it so it can do a rolling 3 and not damage my frame cause i worked to hard to buy my car to breakit.
i think, and this is only my opinon, that nothing is safe. with out a full wrap you dont have a tank, i know there are regals with on body reinforcment that slam the back bumper and are straight. but this is a limo. ugh man! i just dont know! i think you would be cool to go if you did everything you could get to, the frame rails, crossmember, pockets, build a bridge in the back. and all the suspision.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wanna post up some pics i even have a digital camera but it wont let me and by the way im just runnin 48 volts and their noteven group 31 their just marine deep cycles, cause my dads fried owns a boat store co i got em for almost free

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 25 2005, 05:49 PM~3693457
i think, and this is only my opinon, that nothing is safe. with out a full wrap you dont have a tank, i know there are regals with on body reinforcment that slam the back bumper and are straight. but this is a limo. ugh man! i just dont know! i think you would be cool to go if you did everything you could get to, the frame rails, crossmember, pockets, build a bridge in the back. and all the suspision.
yeah ok, ill do that but do u think i will need a cahin bridge im oly running 10's in the ass

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Aug 25 2005, 07:51 PM~3693484
yeah ok, ill do that but do u think i will need a cahin bridge im oly running 10's in the ass
if you can already roll a 3, dont worry about it, but i belive your 3 will be higher with the chains pulling it over.

thats impressive that your car jumps 4" off the first hit, i want a movie

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
ok im not tryin to diss you or anything....but i seriously doubt your getting 4" of air with 1 hit in the limo on 48 volts....i have 60 volts to the front of my towncar..group 31s with 1125 cold craking amps each....running to a prohopper g force marz #8 (9) head.......1 hit of mine i get 4-6 inches....with 48 you dont get shit......i ran 48 for 6 months and never got more than an inch or 2.......as far as your reinforcments go...youll need to reinforce the rear arches...the rear end....framerails...front arches....basicly plate everything you can with 3/16" steel or 1/4".......the limo will bend alot easier.....i wouldnt 3 wheel the limo at all..let alone hop it....the car will end up bending right in half......lots of force on the car......i put a chain bridge in mine and it helped alot with the 3 wheel...but in a limo i dont think it will just due to the length of the car itself....

heres a few shots of some simple reinforcents for the rear of the car

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 25 2005, 06:03 PM~3693578
if you can already roll a 3, dont worry about it, but i belive your 3 will be higher with the chains pulling it over.
thats impressive that your car jumps 4" off the first hit, i want a movie
yeah its cool that it hops al lil ill try to at least try to get u some pics of it my digital camera is hella gay, and if im lucky i can get of the wheel off the ground in the front, but i think im just gnna make that frame strong as fuck and i am gunna run 8 bats so i can get my wheel to sit higher and rebulid my battery racks so they are heavy as fuck cause 3 wheeling is hella sick, its funny when i first got my ride juicerd i was like i never wanna hop it or 3 wheel it but im like a changed person lol well thanks for the info :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Aug 25 2005, 08:36 PM~3693867
yeah its cool that it hops al lil ill try to at least try to get u some pics of it my digital camera is hella gay, and if im lucky i can get of the wheel off the ground in the front, but i think im just gnna make that frame strong as fuck and i am gunna run 8 bats so i can get my wheel to sit higher and rebulid my battery racks so they are heavy as fuck cause 3 wheeling is hella sick, its funny when i first got my ride juicerd i was like i never wanna hop it or 3 wheel it but im like a changed person lol well thanks for the info :thumbsup:
i still think its a bad idea. but im sure you wont wanna roll the limo for every

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 25 2005, 08:39 PM~3693892
i still think its a bad idea. but im sure you wont wanna roll the limo for every
i agree....limos are cool....not for hopping or 3 wheeling....i wanted to build a limo at first but i got my towncar at a steal...glad i did though...didnt know how much of a pain in the ass to get it to stand 3 would be....just think how bad it would be in a limo..fuck that lol

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by slamed87lincoln@Aug 25 2005, 06:35 PM~3693863
ok im not tryin to diss you or anything....but i seriously doubt your getting 4" of air with 1 hit in the limo on 48 volts....i have 60 volts to the front of my towncar..group 31s with 1125 cold craking amps each....running to a prohopper g force marz #8 (9) head.......1 hit of mine i get 4-6 inches....with 48 you dont get shit......i ran 48 for 6 months and never got more than an inch or 2.......as far as your reinforcments go...youll need to reinforce the rear arches...the rear end....framerails...front arches....basicly plate everything you can with 3/16" steel or 1/4".......the limo will bend alot easier.....i wouldnt 3 wheel the limo at all..let alone hop it....the car will end up bending right in half......lots of force on the car......i put a chain bridge in mine and it helped alot with the 3 wheel...but in a limo i dont think it will just due to the length of the car itself....

heres a few shots of some simple reinforcents for the rear of the car

damn thats pretty tight :cool: i know it is hard to belive that it gets that much air but ill try to post up a pic with it next to a tape measure, it only does it when i tap the switch up like twice but im not bull shitting, i am getting hella mixed feelings about me 3 wheeling my limo i dont know whatto do any morebut im gunna make that frame hella stong, i wanna bok in the a and the trailing arms, i wanna run 4th inch steel tubing along the sides of my frame in the middle of the car, im gunna run 4th inch plate every where i possibly can, i will reinforec the humps like crazy for the cross member in the front i will run like a rectangular steel tube on the bottom and 4th inch steel on the side,s and then i will probably do, it but not too much. :cool:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and oh slammed 87, i was wondering on the stock lincs are the frames channeled or boxed?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Aug 25 2005, 08:47 PM~3693930
and oh slammed 87, i was wondering on the stock lincs are the frames channeled or boxed?
i have reson to belive the center section is a c-channel

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh i see cause my frame is boxed but there is a weld in themiddle so it led me to belive that it was not like that from the factory damn this frame is gunna be so damn strong when i am done with it

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Aug 25 2005, 08:50 PM~3693946
oh i see cause my frame is boxed but there is a weld in themiddle so it led me to belive that it was not like that from the factory damn this frame is gunna be so damn strong when i am done with it
the factory frame is made up of around 7 or 8 dffrent parts with welds....

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
well i do belive that most of the frame is boxed...my rear arches and framerails are...i havnet started reinforcing the front yet...thats my next project...but from the looks of it it is.....the humps you just need 1/4" or 3/16" plate for them....as well as the framerails........i was told not to box in the trailing arms because it makes it harder to 3 wheel on the lincolns.... Big Pimpin on here built an awsome lincoln...ive got alot of answer from him... heres a link to his old linc
http://www.hi-calibercustoms.com/main%20pa...life%20danl.htm

i still wouldnt recommend hopping or 3 wheeling the limo...limos are made for crusin....even better with juice....crusie it..hit some switches and pick up lots of bitches lol

1 - 20 of 61 Posts