LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
just build yourself a frame flipper, thenyou can spin it easily and start on top or bottom ;)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by azpitbull@Jan 3 2004, 06:23 PM
When did you do the underneath? Did you flip the frame over and do that first?
no, i did the bottom last, still working on it...

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by azpitbull@Jan 3 2004, 08:42 PM
How about the front crossmember?  Does only the bottom needs to be done or fully wraped?
the front and back sides is what makes the crossmember strong, so those are the most important places to plate but for ultimate strenght dress the top & bottom allso.
i dressed all 4 sides of mine, fully wrapped.
allso you'll need to build some custom engine mounts cuz those og ones are really weak.

Last edited by badass 64 at Jan 3 2004, 08:48 PM

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Jan 3 2004, 11:20 AM
best thing to use for stencils is to first tape it with papertape and then cut the edges, that makes perfect templates and goes really fast too... go here to check my framewrap:

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...d2d7dda88d9721f
How thick is the steel your using. is a laser cut and a plasma cutter the same thing..... Tight ass frame though Ill be doing that to my wifes cutlass very soon

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by ghost211+Jan 4 2004, 12:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ghost211 @ Jan 4 2004, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Jan 3 2004, 11:20 AM
best thing to use for stencils is to first tape it with papertape and then cut the edges, that makes perfect templates and goes really fast too... go here to check my framewrap:

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...d2d7dda88d9721f
How thick is the steel your using. is a laser cut and a plasma cutter the same thing..... Tight ass frame though Ill be doing that to my wifes cutlass very soon[/b][/quote]
lasercutting has nothing to do with plasma cutting.
when you lasercut you put the templates in a really big scanner and then a big machine/computer cuts them out with laser.
-a machine big as a small house that is...
and for the thickness im using 3/16" all the way.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Its overkill with1/4....3/16 Will be more than enough :thumbsup:

·
Registered
531 Posts
By the way...im using a steel called 5015...europen#
I dont no what # that steel has over there
A4mm steel matches a 5mm steel in strength ;)

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
i used 6mm with mine all 4 sides ,i doubt it makes much difference what side you do 1st

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IN THE MORNING IM GONNA ORDER COILS,CYLINDERS, ETC....
PUMPS HOSES AND STUFF IM GONNA GET LATER.
WHAT SIZE COILS YOU RECOMEND?
WHAT BRAND IS THE BEST?

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by azpitbull@Jan 5 2004, 03:14 AM
IN THE MORNING IM GONNA ORDER COILS,CYLINDERS, ETC....
PUMPS HOSES AND STUFF IM GONNA GET LATER.
WHAT SIZE COILS YOU RECOMEND?
WHAT BRAND IS THE BEST?
hit up nacho on here for the springs... ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In the front coiltowers where the donut goes, we are thinking about welding in a thick piece of steel( at least 1/4inch). Without it looks like the donut will sit uneven. It will sit flat with a piece of metal under it. Does that sound right?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts