LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 pioneer free air 8" inch subs, I wanted to mount them right up agianst the back seat...in front of the cylinders, but heres the problem..I also want a pannell in front of the cylinders so it would look cleaner, would this seriously effect the performance of the subs????
I could just mount them to the pannel in front of the cylinders but it would look like ass

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
I had 2 12"'s in a box and it fit in between the cylinders. It didnt look too bad. Maybe get the box, and work around it by adding plexi-board and lastly, upholstering it so it looks clean. Adding plexi-board, so it wont effect the performance of the subs. The 2 12" free air subs hit real hard too. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
My freind has a lincoln town car, that has hydros and has 10" cylinders and has a band bass box with 2 10s JL sounds really good for bandbass and 2 ten JLs its not really the look.. im the performance i think. but if ur into looks it seems like ur limited..

·
Registered
584 Posts
If you want nice free-air subwoofers, look at Elemental Design e10O's or e12O's. Those are well-built subwoofers that sound great and can get pretty loud.

·
Registered
867 Posts
its not going to effect the performance of the sub... free airs just have tighter coils thats all... youll be ok putting something behind it, just make sure you sound deaden it so it dont rattle. and instead of using that damn road kill stinger shit.. use blackjak its stuff roofers use to seal roofs,, works really well

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks ....thats pretty much what I was wanting to know...because by adding a panel in front of the cylinders I am really cutting down on the subs air space wich is the trunk...but it should be ok?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts