LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
needs to be cleared and foiled still. plastikote candy apple blue over silver base. wheels are pegasus hobbies two piece rims and tires, kit #1301, i payed like 15 bucks for them.

not very good pics though. paint is not rough, just a bad pic, actually quite smooth. where it looks rough is actually the metallic in the paint. interior is going to be gloss black, engine block will match body, frame will probably match as well with a flat black or silver underpan. input welcomed always.

Phill D.

Last edited by caprice on dz at Nov 8 2003, 01:57 AM

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Nov 8 2003, 10:41 AM
i didnt know plastikote sold kandies? i have to keep a eye out for that

nice kolor, looks good ;)
yeah, red and blue but you gotta watch it man...... it's laquer and if you arent careful what base you spray it over you will have a mess.
it'll look rough as hell and possible fish scale looking seperations too.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
i think he didnt lay a base coat. that line on the door seems to be on the plastic. i had a kit like that, i didnt lay down a base or sand it down

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Nov 8 2003, 11:02 AM
i think he didnt lay a base coat. that line on the door seems to be on the plastic. i had a kit like that, i didnt lay down a base or sand it down
im sure its got a base under it since its got flake :dunno:

i was going to say something this morning about the line.
i wasnt going to say it to point things out i was going to bitch about good old AMT's messed up bodies once again.
i have some of mine that have 3 coats of primer, 2 coats of base, 4 coats of candy and you can still see the body swirls and dimples.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Nov 8 2003, 11:10 AM
i see, i thought i was did somthing wrong.
nah man, its normal on most of AMT's bodies.
it can be fixed but im too lazy and have an attitude i guess because i shouldnt have to do body work to fix manufactures quality issues. know what i mean?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Nov 8 2003, 11:35 AM
what do you do? sand it
i just leave it and paint it like that. lol

but if you want i'm sure that if you go to pepboys or walmart in the auto section and get the High Build primer it will cover those nasty swirls. but make sure that you are completely done and ready to paint before you use that because it is "non sandable" primer as well.

also, you may need to come in with the backside of a blade once its cured and re-gouge your door and trunk lines so they are deep again. ;)

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i don't like the candy apple red though, it looks like a pinkish purple, (see the other post with the 63 in it). i did lay down a silver plastikote base but it was only one thin layer. more pics to come tomorrow or monday as i am getting ready to head up to PA for the evening.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no problem at all mad, actually your lessons are quite helpful in the long run of things.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts