LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
LoW since 1997
484 Posts
x2 for coil under + accums, i love it on my car. i chose this route for the good ride and the old school look. personally, i like seeing coils on the axle when the ass is up, especially when they're chrome.
Cool! Finally someone on my side lol any pix of your rear end set up?

·
Registered
289 Posts
It's pretty simple. Dont run heavy ass ton springs on the car. no matter what the setup is. If you run a 2 or 4 or even 1 ton spring it should ride like ass.

·
16,068 Posts
It's pretty simple. Dont run heavy ass ton springs on the car. no matter what the setup is. If you run a 2 or 4 or even 1 ton spring it should ride like ass.
1 ton precut springs in the rear with or without shocks and 2 3/4 ton on front on a gbody actually rides pretty good. Only reason i switched the rears to 2 ton is to sit lower. Didnt notice a difference at all between the springs with having accumulators. Currently I'm running 4.5 tons in front & 3 turns of 2 ton coil with accumulators in back and laid out in the front has the car riding just as smooth. None of that harsh riding bouncing out of control doing 45 on the highway like ive seen on some cars.

·
Registered
289 Posts
1 ton precut springs in the rear with or without shocks and 2 3/4 ton on front on a gbody actually rides pretty good. Only reason i switched the rears to 2 ton is to sit lower. Didnt notice a difference at all between the springs with having accumulators. Currently I'm running 4.5 tons in front & 3 turns of 2 ton coil with accumulators in back and laid out in the front has the car riding just as smooth. None of that harsh riding bouncing out of control doing 45 on the highway like ive seen on some cars.
Or ya that, I'd imagine accumulators is the way to go :thumbsup:. That's the route I'm going.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
10 Participants
aron81
LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums
LayItLow forum is an online community for true Lowriders. Come in and discuss hydraulics, air ride tech tips and all the information you need for dropping your lowrider.
Full Forum Listing