LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long frame dragsters are fetchin primo prices in AUS any cond $150 plus. wanna get loco customs kickin, so who does frames from scratch??? got pics?? not just butcherin schwinns, aztlans and bratz (LOL). i mean bending ur own steel, making frame jigs and fork set ups. I'm over the sheet/copious bondo remove seat post and then the rest is shop gear. and i was NEVER into the shop bought (although i have 2 brand new frames, 1 chrome, other purple metallic...ANY OFFERS??) with as much bolt on junk (aka bling) trophy winners? wtf???
anyway got sum vague plans. also got 2 long frame malvern star frames, one will be a retro style- 3spd polised cast Tbar with bodycounts, whitewalls, tall sissy and pinstripes, the other a slick skirted frame with flame style accents and extended dropouts, possibly even running a 4inch rim rear....fuck i wish i could finance that masterlowrider 4.125" rear billet wheel....fuck the $AUD!!!

back to the scratch idea, i got access to plasma and profile cutters (no idea how to use), MIG, TIG, OXY, ARC etc and hydraulic presses/benders. all i need is a skilled operator to bring my plans to fruition. anybody who does have some bikes they'd like to post to inspire, bring it on.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by just lowriding@Aug 20 2005, 01:10 AM~3656371
that made absolutely no sense to me.
sorry ali, had a few to drink. i mean starting with a few lengths of steel tube and some sheets of metal. then making a lowrider from that. not just modifying an existing bike. don't get me wrong, modifying/chopping an original is cool. does that clarify? btw master of puppets is still the best

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i thought some of that tight work was too radical to be based upon a modded stock bike. i think thats the direction i need to look into, its got to the point where an orig, unadultered 70's bike, albeit ugly, is worth a lot more than a tight custom. so customs from scratch maybe the new wave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts