LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at a show this weekend and notice, my brake lines aint doing so hot anymore. im thinking when i get to hoppin and such they are takin a beting. so does anyone, with a g-body vehicle done anything about this? im thinking of getting in the russles catologe and putting together a extended steel brained set up for my front. anyone else done anything?

·
Registered
709 Posts
we cut the bracket off the frame the one on the side of the a-arm that holds the main brake line into the caliper that way they just hang.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
PM Captain Nasty on here. He ordered some Stainless steel lines that were longer and I put them on his car when I built it. Not sure where he got them though.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
brak off the factory holder and move it down on the frame some re weld it allows the solt line to have more movement

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by ICHIBAN@Jul 25 2005, 09:14 PM
brak off the factory holder and move it down on the frame some re weld it allows the solt line to have more movement
[snapback]3478467[/snapback]​
sounds a little on the shottie or rigged ride

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
any 'industrial' hydro hose place will knock you up a line to the correct length you want, disconnect your existing line from either the caliper or the hardline union and lift the car fully then measure the gap it creates.

Take your existing line to the hydro place and say "i need two of these but XXcm long, in stainless"

They'll ask what its for so you get the correct pressure rating.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jul 25 2005, 07:16 PM
i was at a show this weekend and notice, my brake lines aint doing so hot anymore. im thinking when i get to hoppin and such they are takin a beting. so does anyone, with a g-body vehicle done anything about this? im thinking of getting in the russles catologe and putting together a extended steel brained set up for my front. anyone else done anything?
[snapback]3477239[/snapback]​

http://www.inlinetube.com/sshoses.htm

this company did mine 6" longer than stock in stainless had them in 3 days $135 plus shipping they can duplicate any line for any car in stainless i know lots of people with hot rods that use them :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by tufly@Jul 27 2005, 07:52 AM

this company did mine 6" longer than stock in stainless had them in 3 days $135 plus shipping they can duplicate any line for any car in stainless i know lots of people with hot rods that use them :thumbsup:
[snapback]3488763[/snapback]​
Thanks for the link....

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by tufly@Jul 27 2005, 05:52 AM

[snapback]3488763[/snapback]​
:0 6" longer for the front! wow, how did that happen? some crazy extension?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jul 27 2005, 05:55 PM
:0  6" longer for the front! wow, how did that happen? some crazy extension?
[snapback]3492292[/snapback]​

they were suppose to do 3" for front 6" for back and they screwed up and didi 6" all the way around it worked fine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts