LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am going to try to install a coil over set up in the front of my cutty has anybody tryed this yet ? give me all your guys imput

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
coil over up front would be ideal for my grand national because my up and downpipe is right over where the cylinder should i go :biggrin:

·
Registered
161 Posts
dont know why you would want to its gonna be a lil bit squeeky but use a powerball and weld a piece of 1/4" metal over the shock hole in the lca and weld the powerball to that.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
some cars/trucks are easier/better to do a coil over in the front.main thing, make sure your upper spring mounts are nice and solid, and you have plenty of room in the engine compartment.

hyme joint or box/bolt the cylinder to the bottom a arm.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Sep 8 2005, 05:29 PM~3778549
some cars/trucks are easier/better to do a coil over in the front.main thing, make sure your upper spring mounts are nice and solid, and you have plenty of room in the engine compartment.

hyme joint or box/bolt the cylinder to the bottom a arm.
yes definetely the upper spring pockets needs some extra metal :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
YOU SHOULD ALSO THINK OF A COIL OVER CUP UP TOP TO KEEP THE SPRING CENTERD. I HAVE SEEN THAT ON PICK UPS BUT NOT OFFTEN IF AT ALL ON G BODIES,BUT THAT DON'T MEAN IT WRONG. :biggrin:

YOU SHOULD ALSO CUT OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE SPRNG POCKETTO GIVE YA A LITTLE ROOM WHEN YOU GO OVER IT WITH THE REINFORCEMENT WELD THE POWER BALL TO THE 1/4 INCH PLATE RE IN.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts